Omkareshwar Madhya Pradesh around 77 km away from Indore. The name Omkareshwar comes from the word “OM” which is pious in Hinduism. The temple remains open from 5 AM in the morning to 9:30 PM in the evening. Here are the Omkareshwar Temple timings:is present in the state of
|Morning Darshan||5 AM||3:50 PM|
|Evening Darshan||4:15 PM||9:30 PM|
|Mangal Aarti||5 AM||5:30 AM|
|Jalabhishek||5:30 AM||12:25 PM|
|Evening Aarti||8:20 PM||9:05 PM|
- Special darshan is available for handicapped people or for people who are unable to stand for general darshan.
- We recommend the devotees to wear neat and conservative clothes. This is because the temple does not allow any sort of revealing clothes inside the temple premises. Moreover, smoking and Alcohol must not take place inside the complex.
- A Bhojanalaya is run by the Omkareshwar Temple Trust which provides hygienic food to the pilgrims at a nominal cost. A new full-scale restaurant is currently under construction.
- The best time to visit the temple is between October and March because during these months, the weather is cool and pleasant. Hence, devotees can participate in the rituals that take place as per the Omkareshwar Temple timings.
- Some of the other main festivals celebrated at the temple are Basant Panchami, Holi, Hanuman Jayanti, Shanishwar Amavasya, Guru Purnima as well as Janmashtami.