Vastu Shanti Puja
Vastu is considered as the science of architecture according to the Hindu scriptures. With the help of Vastu, it is ensured whether the house is built according to the position of the planets and earth’s energy field. Vastu Shanti Puja is performed to correct the fault of construction and to ensure that the house is free from any evil or negative energies. This puja is performed to rectify the bad effects of any residential or commercial building and even industries. This puja consists of worshipping the five elements of nature, natural forces and the deity of directions. It is an elaborate puja that is performed in order to seek the blessings of Vastu Purush and can be performed in old as well as new houses.
This puja will radiate peace and happiness in the house and result a well-balanced environment. It will help to remove the ill effects of the Vastu Doshas.This puja will also grant mercy if any harm is caused to trees, animals, birds, insects or any individual during the construction of the house. Vastu Shanti Yagya is considered as the best way to seek the blessings of Vastu Purush. Vastu Purush is an epitome of spirit, power and energy and safeguards the building.
Who should perform Vastu Shanti Puja?
The Vastu Shanti Puja is performed if the person faces financial crisis which is caused due to choosing the property against the Vastu parameters. And if the interior of the house is against the Vastu rules. If the person purchases old house then Vastu Shanti Puja is performed. This puja is also performed if the house or office of the person is renovated. If the person is returning from abroad or a trip after very long time then this puja is to be performed. If many years or a decade is passed living under the same house then also the Vastu Shanti Puja is to be performed.
Benefits of doing Vastu Shanti Puja
- Vastu Shanti Puja has many benefits in the life of the individual by removing all the health and wealth problems. The bad effects due to the wrong position of planets are also removed. It helps to maintain a good relationship within the members of the family. It will also remove the bad effects or curses in the life of the individual. Perrforming Vastu Shanti Puja will give internal peace and happiness for all the members of the family and will help to lead a happy and smooth life.
- It also purifies all the nooks and corners of the house. It helps to attain stability in life along with mental peace. The house of the individual is filled with peace and happiness. This puja removes ill-effects of Vastu Doshas of a particular building, plot or house. It will remove all the hurdles from the life of the individual.
When should I perform Vastu Shanti Puja?
- It is very necessary to perform the Vastu Shanti Puja on a specific muhurat. Nakshatra and auspicious tithi is necessary to perform the Vastu Shanti Puja. The dates for the puja is calculated after doing Panchang Shuddhi or Panchangam Shuddhi.
- Panchang Shuddhi gives good time to perform the Vastu Shanti puja and homan. The day is decided according to the Panchanga or the five components. And all these components are dependent on the position of earth and moon. The day is auspicious or not is decided on the basis of Birth star or Janma Nakshtra of that particular person.
How to perform Vastu Shanti Puja?
- The first step of performing a Vastu Puja is by placing the toran on the entrance door. And after this an auspicious tree is planted. The sankalp is taken and the priest recites the mantras.
- When the sankalp is taken then the head of the family offer grain, rice, flowers and petals to the mother earth. The Bhumi Abhishinchan is done by sprinkling the Gangajal with the help of mango leaves.
- The prayers are offered and the havan is done by with full dedication and devotion. The havan is to be performed at a particular direction and the deity is worshipped. Once the puja is over then a pit is dug and all the things that were used in the puja are placed in it and covered.
Materials required for Vastu Shanti Puja
The materials required for the Vastu Shanti Puja are: Metal image of Vastu Purush, Small metal Ganapati, Small plastic box to bury the Vastu Purush after the puja, Kuldevata (optional), sandalwood paste, Udbatti, Halad, Variety of flowers, Coconuts(2), Supari (30), Betel Leaves (30), Oil lamps, Towels, Stainless / Copper plates (4 small, 4 large), Metal Bowls (4), Water Kalasha (2), 4 spoons, Fruits, Rice (half a pound), Sugar, Ghee, Milk, Honey, Yogurt, Decoration at the front Door plus Rangoli, holy red thread or kalava, Few strands of durba grass, 1 Ghanta – Bell (Silver/Brass/Stainless Steel), 1 Shankha (Conch), 1 set Panch Dhatu (Small pieces of five metals – e.g. Brass, Iron, Silver, Copper, Steel etc. , Gardening Tools like Spade, Shovel etc. and Havan Samagri.
Cost of performing Vastu Shanti Puja
The Vastu Shanti Puja is performed by reciting the Sri Rudram which is followed by the homan. This will help to keep all the bad forces and evils away from the house. The priest also recites the Pavamana mantra and the Rakshoghna mantra. When the puja is complete there is a feast that is arrange for the priest to gain his blessings. The priest also performs the Satyanarayan Puja, Ganapathi Puja and Lakshmi puja. The cost of the Vastu Shanti Puja along with the materials ranges from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 9000.