Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh is a multi-storied Hindu Temple in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. It contains idols of various Hindu Gods and Goddesses. However, mainly the shrine is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The temple even draws its name from him as the word ‘Trayambakeshwar’ means ‘the House of the three-eyed’.
The temple is present near the famous Lakshman Jhula of Rishikesh. It has a total of 13 storeys, hence is also popular as the ‘Terah Manzil Temple’ and houses various religious texts along with the deities. It is also a part of the Char Dham Yatra within Uttarakhand and falls in the Char Dham route. (Take this divine yatra)
- What is the history of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- What is the significance of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- What are the timings of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- What are the festivals celebrated at Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- How to reach Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- Where to stay near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
- What are some temples near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
What is the history of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
According to the history of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh, the temple is an ancient one and Shri Adi Shankaracharya established it in the 12th century AD. Some devotees also believe that it is one of the Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva which contain Shiva lingams that appeared on their own.
What is the significance of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
The significance of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh is that it is the biggest temple in Rishikesh and is very famous for the beautiful idols of Hindu Gods and Goddesses as well as scriptures. It is located at a religiously important place near Laksham Jhula at the banks of river Ganga.
What are the timings of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
Here are the timings of Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh:
|Morning||6 AM||12 PM|
|Evening||2 PM||7 PM|
What are the festivals celebrated at Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
The major festival celebrated at Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh is:
- Mahashivratri: This festival is in the honour of Lord Shiva. Devotees believe that he is the Adi guru who is the source of the Yogi tradition. It is observed by remembering Shiva and chanting prayers, fasting, doing Yoga as well as meditating.
How to reach Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
Here’s how to reach Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh:
- Air: The nearest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun (23 km away from the temple).
- Train: The nearest railway station is the Rishikesh railway station(6 km away from the temple).
- Road: Many buses are available for Rishikesh from ISBT Kashmere Gate in Delhi.
Where to stay near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
Some of the places where one can stay near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh while undertaking the Char Dham Yatra are:
- Ganga Kinare-A riverside boutique hotel: The rooms are spacious and airy, keeping comfort for guests in mind. Room amenities include WiFi, LCD TV, air conditioning, mini-bar, tea/coffee maker, electronic safe, hair dryer as well as luxury bath amenities. The Ayur Ganga Spa at the hotel also offers a diverse range of Indian and International treatments to rejuvenate the body and soul.
- The V Resort: The resort offers a 24-hour front desk, travel desk, and doctor-on-call. Conference facilities are also there for corporate travellers. Guests can even relax in the game room, have a refreshing dip in the swimming pool or can also visit the spa for a relaxing massage. The hotel also provides library, car rentals, luggage assistance, daily housekeeping, room service and travel assistance.
- Green Hills Cottage: Amidst the most beautiful architecture and luxurious interiors, the hotel features various modern facilities likeround the clock room service, parking, laundry, luggage storage, car rental, currency exchange as well as front desk. The supportive staff of the hotel also ensures the timely fulfilment of all the needs of the guests. The rooms here are designed to provide comfort with amenities like television, telephone, tea/coffee maker, attached bathroom as well as various other essential bathroom toiletries.
What are some temples near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh?
Some of the temples near Trayambakeshwar Temple Rishikesh are:
- Chandi Devi Temple: Chandi Devi Temple present atop the neel parvat in Haridwar, Uttarakhand is in the honour of Goddess Chandi. The temple is also one of the panch teerth present in Haridwar. Moreover, the presiding deity, Chandi or Chandika is a form of Goddess Parvati and exists in close association with Mansa devi.
- Mansa Devi Temple: Mansa Devi Temple is a Hindu temple for goddess Mansa, on top of Bilwa Parvat in Haridwar, Uttarakhand. Also popular as ‘Bilwa Tirth’, this temple is among the panch tirth within Haridwar. ‘Mansa’ means ‘wish’, hence it is a popular belief among the devotees that the goddess fulfils their wishes.
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, in the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. The main diety is ‘Neelkanth’, a form of Shiva and has a blue throat because of consuming poison. There is a Shivalingam here and devotees tie a thread around it while worshipping. Several natural springs also surround the temple where the devotees take a holy bath before entering the temple premises.
These temples are also a part of the Char Dham Yatra Destinations within Uttarakhand.