Sudarshana Homam – To Dispose of All Problems
Sudarshana Homam Video
Sudarshana Homam: The Sudharshana Chakra is among the major psychic weapons of Lord Vishnu who is the preserver as well as the sustainer of the Universe. Lord Vishnu has always been portrayed as holding the mighty Sudharshana Chakra which is a kind of a wheel, in one of his hands. This is his weapon and he always triumphantly flings it at the negative forces to forcefully slice them with a spinning motion. According to Hindu scriptures, the Sudharshana Chakra has been believed to originate from the extra shavings from the Sun God, Surya. Saint Vishwakarma had created a few powerful golden objects from the Surya Deva including the Sudharshana Chakra. The weapon is believed to have 108 serrated edges. The Sudharshana Chakra is a mighty weapon that is believed to have the power of a million million Suns and has been used with serious purpose. Therefore, participating in Sudarshana Homam helps a person in destroying negativity, gives him victory over the enemies, and protects against the evil eye. The Homam grants purification and helps in restoring energies and health. It also promotes success and provides deep levels of purification.
Who Should Perform Sudarshana Homam?
- Someone who needs relief from evil eye
- Someone who needs relief from the intense problems due to powerful enemies
- Someone who requires protection from any strong and negative interference which could be in the waking state, sleep state or dream state
- Someone who wants a lot of wealth
- Someone who wants a strong victory or highly successful results
- Someone who wants to get rid of health issues
- Someone who wants to pursue deeper experiences of purification
- Someone who wants to work for the people and community
Sudarshana Homam Benefits
- Sudarshana Homam helps gain prosperity
- Sudarshana Homam helps in healing the body and provides rejuvenation of health
- Sudarshana Homam helps in the purification from the harmful and toxic energies
- Sudarshana Homam helps to achieve the sincere desires
- It provides huge victory and immense success with manifestations
- It provides immediate relief from the unexplainable sufferings or worries
- The Homam helps in providing protection from the powerful enemies and evil eye
When Should I Perform Sudarshana Homam?
The Homam can be performed on Ekadashi, Dwadashi and Poornima. Also on the thitis that falls on a Wednesday and Saturday or during Buddha Horas are also considered to be favorable for performing the Sudarshana Homa.
Sudarshana Homam Procedure
The Sudarshana Homam has been regarded as the best protection from all the evils, dosha nivaran and to get relief from the troubles from enemies, evil eye, black magic, and fear. It also helps in persecution by evil spirits and health problems. Here is a brief sequence of the all-powerful Sudarsana Homam:
- The Homam starts with the recitation of the Sudarsana Manthra Japam.
- The Sudarshana Ashtottharam which starts with the Sudarsanaya Nama and concludes with the Naarayaanakrupavyuha Tejaschakraya Nama is then recited.
- After that, the priest makes you take the Sri Sudarsana Homa Maha Sankalpa where you invoke the deities to bless you.
- After that the all the deities including Lord Kumbam, Lord Varuna, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Naarayana and Lord Sudarsana are invoked and Shodasopachara Aaradhanam is performed.
- This is followed by the Agni Prathishtai
- Then the Homam starts with the Sri Sudarsana Shadakshari performed 108 times with aahuthi
- After all the Aahutis, the Poornahuthi is done which is the conclusion of the Homam
- After the Poornahuthi, all the spectators go around the Agni Kuntam and recite Sri Sudarsan Ashtakam.
- The Bhasmam from the Homam is then worn on the forehead protection this the Homam concludes here.
Materials Required For Sudarshana Homam
The major requirements for the Homam are the Sudarshana Yantra, which is worshiped with Sudarshana Mantra Japa. The Homam requires the Homa samagri including molten butter, herbs, and sticks of certain trees that need to be offered into the sacrificial fire along with the powerful chanting of mantras.
Apart from this the offerings to Lord Sudarshan include fruits, flowers, incense sticks and the Naivedhyam Prasad. Pooja of the owner of Sudarshan, Lord Vishnu has to be performed with Tulsi leaves.
Where To Perform Sudarshana Homam?
This Homam should be done at a Mahavishnu temple by a professional priest. If you want it to be done at your home, then you will need to consult a learned Brahman.
Sudarshana Homam Cost
The major costs of the Sudarshana Homam are that of the ingredients and the dakshina for the priests. The ingredients cost somewhere between Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 3000/-. Thus the total cost of the Homam is less than Rs. 10,000/-. However since the Homam is performed at the temple, then there could be an additional fees to be paid at the temple.