The Srinivasa Mangapuram temple is an ancient Hindu Vaishnavite temple present at Srinivasamangapuram which is 12 km from Andhra Pradesh, India. The is dedicated to Lord Venkateswara, a form of Vishnu and is referred to as Kalyana Venkateswara Temple.in Chittoor District of
The presiding deity of the temple is Venkateswara who is also Kalyana Venkateswara. The deity will be facing west and is in standing posture with four hands with left two hands one in varada mundra and one holding Chakra and right two hands one in kati mudra and the other holding Shanka.
- What is the history of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- What is the significance of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- What are the timings of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- Which festivals are celebrated at Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- How to Reach Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- Where to stay nera Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
- What are some temples near Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
What is the history of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
According to the history of Srinivasa Mangapuram temple, the temple itself is believed to have I existed from very ancient times and it is said that Sri Venkateswara is referred to even in the Rigveda. ‘Sri Venkatachala Mahatrnyam’ contains Puranic lores from the twelve Mahapuranas.
After celebrating the marriage of Lord Venkateswara Swamy with Goddess Padmavathi, he did not immediately return to the Tirumala hills. But instead he visited the sage Agasthya’s ashram to seek blessings. Yes, even the lord is humble enough to seek blessings from elderly and wise.
As it was scientifically wrong for the newlyweds to scale the hill for six months, the lord was unable to immediately return to the Tirumala mountain-temple. At this situation the sage Agastya suggested that Swamy Venkateswara along with his wife could stay at his humble ashram. Then, the Lord graciously accepted this request and blessed with the ashram with his presence for the entire six months.
About the temple history, this is no substantial indication about its construction. Devotees also believe that the ancient temple’s destruction took place in 1324, during the reign of Sultans. As per the inscriptions on the temple, one can say that the grandson of Sri Annamacharya, Sri Tallapaka Chinna Tirumala Acharya had renovated this temple during 16th Century. Moreover, Tallapaka Family maintained it over a long period of time.
Later it came under the administration of Archaeological Department, Government of India. Finally in 1967, it came under the control of TTD.
What is the significance of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Here’s the significance of Mangalagiri Temple:
- Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy Temple is an alternative to those devotees who are unable to visit the Balaji Temple on the Tirumala Hills. Many newly-wed couples also come here to seek the lord’s blessing for a happy married life.
- Sri Rama Temple, Sri Ranganayaka Temple, Sri Padmavathi and Sri Andal Temple are other shrines in this complex. Devotees can also find small shrines including Sri Sakti Vinayaka Swami, Sri Veerabhadra Swami, Sri Avanakshamma, Sri Parasareswara Swami and Sri Agastheeswara Swami.
- According to Vaikhanasa Bhagavat Shasthram Lord Venkateswara’s idol is ‘Sthanaka yoga Viraha Murthy’. Sthanaka means Standing, Yoga means this idol is mainly for Rishis who wish to attain Mukthi, Viraha means without Sanka and Chakra.
- The idol at Srinivasa Mangapuram is consecrated by Srikrishna Devaraya with the help of Vaikhanasa Priests at Tirumala so that He will be always in touch with the Lord Balaji as he is a diehard devotee of him. So it is a Pratista made by Humans. Whereas in the Tirumala Temple Lord Balaji is self existent and devotees believe that a self existent idol is more powerful than a Pratistitha idol.
What are the timings of Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Here are the timingso f Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple:
|General Darshan timings||5:30 a.m||7:30 p.m.|
|Kalyanotsavam||11 AM||12 PM|
|Sarvadarshanam||(Throughout the day)|
Which festivals are celebrated at Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Some of the festivals celebrated at Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple are:
- The premier focus of the Sri Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy temple is the “Kalyana Utsavam” every day.
- The “Bramhostav” held during the months of February and March. On this occasion the Lord Kalyana Venkateswara Swamy ascends on a Simha Vahanam (Lion Carrier Ratham) to be a drawn-along with the devotees.
How to Reach Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Here’s how to reach Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple:
- By road: it is 12km from Tirupati. Local buses and autos are available making the journey easier.
Where to stay nera Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Some of the places where one can stay near Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple are:
- Hotel Fortune Select Grand Ridge is one of Tirupati’s five star hotels at the intersection of Chennai-Bangalore highway, on the Tiruchanoor road. This hotel is just beside Shilparamam Theme Park..
- Situated at a distance of 17 km from Tirupati Airport, KVP Residency is another place that provides ample car parking space. Sri Venkateswara Swamy Vaari Temple is at a distance of 25 km from the place.
What are some temples near Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple?
Some of the temples near Srinivasa Mangapuram Temple are:
- Kanipakum Temple:- You may visit one of the most important Vinayaka temple in south India, at a distance of 86 KM from the Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple.
- Tirumala Venkateshwara Swamy Temple:- It is at a distance of 12 KM. Frequent buses are available. Or you can reach through private vehicles.
- Srikalahasti Temple:- It is at a distance of 60 KM. One can also cover this distance under one and half hours with a private vehicle or taxi cab.