Sarpa Samskara Pooja – Remedy for Kala Sarpa Dosha
- 1 Sarpa Samskara Pooja – Remedy for Kala Sarpa Dosha
- 1.1 Who should perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- 1.2 Benefits of doing Sarpa Samskara Pooja
- 1.3 When should I perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- 1.4 How to perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- 1.5 Materials required for Sarpa Samskara Pooja
- 1.6 Where to perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- 1.7 Cost of performing Sarpa Samskara Pooja
Sarpa Samskara Pooja Video
The famous Kukke Subrahmanya Temple situated in the Subrahmanya district is famously known as the abode of Nagas. The Temple is also famous for the Sarpa Samskara Pooja performed to remove the Sarpa Dosha from one’s horoscope. The Pooja is believed to be one of the most powerful and potent ways of pleasing the Nagas so that ill effects of killing a snake in previous birth are resolved and one continues a happy life.
As per the legend of Kukke Subrahmanya, Lord Subrahmanya (Lord Shiva’s Son and popularly known as Karthikeya) is believed to be the protector of snakes. It is believed that Vasuki, the king of Snakes was protected from Garuda (Lord Vishnu’s bird) by Lord Subrahmanya at this very place. Hence, it is a common belief that anyone who harms a Snake must come and appease Lord Subrahmanya to get forgiveness from the divine sin.
Who should perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- As per Hindu beliefs, any man or woman who has knowingly or unknowingly killed a snake in their previous birth suffers from the Sarpa Dosha in his or her horoscope. The direct effect of this Dosha is that one’s marriage can be delayed or unsuccessful. A person suffering from the Sarpa Dosha must perform this Pooja to atone for their sin. The astrologer usually informs one about the presence of the Sarpa Dosha in one’s horoscope.
- Any couples having infertility issues or trouble conceiving a child are advised to perform the Pooja.
- A person experiencing delayed marriage or delay n occurrences of any important issues are advised to perform the Pooja.
- A person experiencing skin diseases or bad health must perform the Pooja.
Benefits of doing Sarpa Samskara Pooja
- By offering the Pooja to Lord Subrahmanya, it is believed that one gets relieved from the Sarpa Dosha in his or her horoscope.
- This Pooja is performed for achieving better career and financial growth of a person.
- Fertility and child-related issues are believed to be resolved by performing the Pooja.
- Problems such as delay in marriages and skin diseases are cured after performing this ritual.
When should I perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
The Pooja can be performed on all days except Ekadashi, Dasami, Gokulashtami, Shivarathri, any Eclipse days, and during the Temple annual festival which lasts for about 15 days.
The monsoon season is not a suitable time to perform this Pooja as the Temple is located in a hilly area where mudslides are very common.
How to perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
- A maximum of 4 persons are allowed to attend the Pooja under 1 ticket. The Temple appoints Brahmin priest for the people who are not well versed with the rituals of the Pooja.
- The whole Pooja is a two-day program. The Pooja starts at 7 AM on the first day and ends at 12:30 PM on the first day. The devotee has to wake up early and take a dip in the Kumaradhara River. They have to then report at the Adi Subrahmanya Temple where they will be given a Deeksha Vastra. This Vastra is important and should be worn on the second day of the Pooja.
- After the rituals end on the first day, the devotees are provided food and Prasadam. As per the tradition, the participants of the Pooja should not eat outside the Temple premises during the two days of the Pooja.
- The second-day rituals consist of Pindi Pradana and Tarpana for 64 times. This ritual means the transferring of the soul to higher realms of existence and granting of Moksha. The Pooja concludes with the Naga Prathishtha at the Subrahmanya Temple.
Materials required for Sarpa Samskara Pooja
One must wear washed and decent clothes to the Temple premises. Men are advised to wear Dhoti and women must wear Saree or Salwar Suit. All the Pooja articles will be provided by the Temple authorities by paying the required money at the counter.
Where to perform Sarpa Samskara Pooja?
The Kukke Subramanya Temple located in the Subrahmanya district of Karnataka is the place where one must go to get rid of this Dosha. The Temple is located 280 km from Bengaluru. The beautiful temple town is easily reachable by road and train. Regular buses are available from all major cities and towns in Karnataka. The Subrahmanya railway station is also well connected to major cities in and around Karnataka.
Cost of performing Sarpa Samskara Pooja
The cost of performing the Pooja at the Kukke Subrahmanya Temple is about Rupees Three Thousand. The Booking must be done well in advance as the unique Pooja slots get filled up fast.