Here is everything you need to know about Saraswati Puja 2018.
- What is Saraswati Puja?
- Why do we celebrate Saraswati Puja?
- When is Saraswati Puja in 2018?
- What is the time of Saraswati Puja 2018?
- Who should perform Saraswati Puja?
- What are the benefits of performing Saraswati Puja?
- When should I perform Saraswati Puja?
- How to do Saraswati Puja at home?
- What is Saraswati Puja Mantra?
- What are the materials required for Saraswati Puja?
- What to wear on Saraswati Puja?
- What is the cost of performing Saraswati Puja?
What is Saraswati Puja?
Saraswati Puja is considered to be the most auspicious puja in Indian culture. Goddess Saraswati is the goddess of knowledge and the sign of purity and peace. This puja plays a very important role in India’s culture of respect for learning. Saraswati puja is also popular as Basant Panchami.
Moreover, a typical image of Goddess Saraswati shows her sitting on a lotus flower or riding a swan. She is a tribute to power, confidence and knowledge.
Why do we celebrate Saraswati Puja?
Saraswati puja is celebrated for knowledge and is auspicious for students. Vasant Panchami is also an auspiscious day to begin new work, to marry or to shift to a new home. Yellow color is significant on this day. Devotees also worship Saraswati as the water deity who has purifying powers.
The festival of Saraswati puja is also an occasion of social celebrations. This puja is very common in eastern India. Further, on this day all the educational institutes worship the Goddess with lots of happiness.
When is Saraswati Puja in 2018?
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 is the date of Saraswati Puja.
It is celebrated on the 8th day of Navratri. Saraswati Puja is celebrated on the waxing moon which also marks the onset of spring.
What is the time of Saraswati Puja 2018?
Saraswati Puja should take place on Tuesday, October 16, 2018.
Who should perform Saraswati Puja?
People who want to develop creativity, confidence and improve their skills should perform Saraswati puja. Professionals can also perform this puja to gain success. Students perform this puja to increase their skills and talents in various fields. Performing Saraswati puja also improves memory power and communication skills.
What are the benefits of performing Saraswati Puja?
Here is a list of benefits of performing Saraswati puja:
- One gets the blessings of Goddess Saraswati. This helps in gaining knowledge and wisdom in one’s life.
- This puja also fills one’s life with lots of positivity and removes negativity.
- It also provides strength and empowerment in an individual’s life.
- After performing this puja a person becomes more talented and skilled.
When should I perform Saraswati Puja?
Devotees worship Goddess Saraswati on Vasant Panchami. Vasant Panchmi also has other names like Saraswati Panchami and Shri Panchami. Also, many astrologists consider it as Abujha day. Purvahna Kala decides the day on which Vasant Panchami falls. It is the time between the sunrise and the midday.
How to do Saraswati Puja at home?
Here is how to perform Saraswati puja at home:
- The process of Saraswati puja starts with a early morning bath. This bathing water is medicinal as it contains neem and tulsi leaves in it. Then, apply turmeric paste on body and then perform the puja.
- Wear white or yellow clothes after the bath. Also, the place where the puja takes place should be clean. Then place the idol of Goddess Saraswati.
- After placing the idol, clean the place and decorate it with garlands and flowers. Also, place the books and musical instrumental near the idol. Then, one should place the kalash.
- Fill the kalash with water and keep mango leaves on its edges. Keep Durva grass and betel nut on the top of kalash along with flower.
- It is considered very important to keep the idol of Lord Ganesha near the Goddess Saraswati. Then there should be the proper and correct reciting of the mantras.
- Then, light the lamps and incense sticks.
- Finally, on the next day, immerse the idol of Goddess Saraswati into water.
What is Saraswati Puja Mantra?
Here are the mantras that one should utter while performing Saraswati Puja:
Saraswati Puspanjali Mantra
Om Bhadro Kallyoi Namo Nityang
Saraswatyoi Namo Namah
Veda Vedanta Vedanga
Ebacho esso swachandana
Om Oing Shree Shree Saraswatoi Namoh
Saraswati Pranam mantra
Om Jay Jay Debi Characharo Sare
Kuchojugo Shobhito Mukta Hare
Veena Ranjito Pustaka Haste
Bhagobati Bharati Debi Namohstute
Om Saraswati Maha Bhage
Vidya Kamolo Lochone
Vidyang dehi namohastute
What are the materials required for Saraswati Puja?
The materials required in Saraswati puja are:
Mango leaves, Ghee, Dhoop, Agarbatti, Plate, Match Box, Saffron, Kumkum, Coconut, Rose water, Ganga Jal, Betel Leaf, Kapur, Gulal, Turmeric powder, Lotus, Yellow flowers like Marigold, Idol of Saraswati, Sandal, Coins, Kamal gatte, Clean red cloth, Piper Betle, Rice, Lamps, Cotton Wicks, Fruits, Marigold Flowers, Kalash, Panchamrit.
What to wear on Saraswati Puja?
It is very important to wear only Yellow clothes on Saraswati Puja because this colour holds great significance for this Puja. Women can wear traditional dresses like Saree or Salwar. Men can wear traditional dresses like Dhoti.
What is the cost of performing Saraswati Puja?
Saraswati Puja with the prescribed materials ranges from Rs.2000 to Rs.4000.
If you have any questions about Saraswati Puja, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.