Rahu Ketu Puja is performed to minimize the effects of ill yoga. This Dosha can be controlled by offering prayers to Lord Shiva.
The shadow planets – Rahu and Ketu are the most unfavorable planets. They bring negative effects to a person. The Bhukti period in this Dasha is very tough and turning it to completely positive is not possible. The path of a person with this Dasha is filled with obstacles.
Loss of position or respect, loss of money, constant health problems, obstacles in career and financial path, marital problem, not begetting children are some of the problems faced during this period.
Srikalahasti Temple is renowned for the Rahu Ketu Puja. Thousands of devotees flock here to get the desired results.
- What are the benefits of performing Rahu Ketu Puja?
- What items do we require to perform Rahu Ketu Puja?
- How to perform the Rahu Ketu Puja?
- What to wear when performing Rahu Ketu Puja?
- What are the spiritual remedies for Rahu Ketu Sarpa Dosh?
- Which temples perform the Rahu Ketu Puja?
- What are the best days for performing the puja?
- What is the best time to perform the Puja?
What are the benefits of performing Rahu Ketu Puja?
- It helps is gaining spiritual bliss.
- Maintains good health.
- Improves financial condition and stability.
- Removes the obstacles and helps one succeed.
- Improves personal and professional life
What items do we require to perform Rahu Ketu Puja?
The items required for the Puja are-
Two snake-shaped silver stripes representing Rahu and Ketu, two pieces of cloth of red and black colour, Coconuts(three), flowers, betel nuts, Black Gram, Horse Gram, Turmeric powder(Haldi), Vermillion, areca nuts, Lemon, Black ellu, White orud Daal, Anga Vastram etc.
How to perform the Rahu Ketu Puja?
- The puja lasts for thirty to fourty minutes.
- Perform the Puja by chanting mantras for two metallic snake-shaped stripes, representing Rahu and Ketu.
- Sprinkle vermillion and flowers on these snake shaped representation of Rahu and Ketu.
- Chant the mantras in accordance with one’s gotra.
What to wear when performing Rahu Ketu Puja?
- Wear any fresh or proper traditional clothes to perform the Puja.
- Take a bath before performing the puja.
- You should take a bath and discard the clothes after the puja.
What are the spiritual remedies for Rahu Ketu Sarpa Dosh?
The spiritual remedies are:
- Donation- Donating anything with a clean and good heart can help one get good results in life. Donating banana, wheat and other food items is a remedy for Rahu Ketu Dosh.
- Eat vegetarian foods on Saturday- We worship Rahu and Ketu on the same day as Saturn or Shani Dev, therefore, eat vegetarian food on Saturday.
- Pray to Lord Shiva- Shiva is the lord and master of the planets Shani, Rahu and Ketu. Therefore, worshipping Lord Shiva helps to get relief from the effects of Rahu dosh.
Which temples perform the Rahu Ketu Puja?
Some places to perform the Rahu-Ketu Puja are:
- Srikalahasti Temple – Andhra Pradesh.
- Thirunageswaram Shiva Temple – Tamil Nadu
- Trayambakeswar Temple – Nashik.
- Rameswaram Temple -Tamil Nadu.
- Pedakakani Temple – Andra Pradesh.
- Ujjain Mahakaleshwar Temple – Jaisinghpura, Ujjain.
- Thirupampuram Temple – Tamil Nadu.
What are the best days for performing the puja?
The best days for performing the Puja are:
- Poornima (Full Moon)
- Surya Grahanam (solar eclipse)
- Chandra Grahanam (Lunar Eclipse)
- Chaturthi (fourth day of a pakhsha)
- Panchami (fifth day of a pakhsha)
- Shashthi (sixth day of a pakhsha)
What is the best time to perform the Puja?
Rahukalam, preferably on Saturday, is the ideal time for performing the Rahu Ketu puja.
- Monday – 7.30am – 9am
- Tuesday- 3pm to 4:30pm
- Wednesday- 12pm to 1:30 pm
- Thursday- 1:30pm -3pm
- Friday- 10:30 am – 12pm
- Saturday- 9am to 10:30am
- Sunday- 4:30 pm to 6 pm