A person is affected by Pitra Dosh if he is born under the ninth house where Sun and Rahu combine. People also believe that if someone’s ancestors have not attained peace due to religious rituals at the time of then this Dosha develops in the horoscope of the person.
Pitra Dosh is a very important aspect in the Indian astrology and one should amend it as soon as possible without any delay. It generally occurs when the ancestors find it very hard to free themselves from the ties on earth and results in hardships. If the pitras are happy with the devotion, then they surely clear all the path to happiness as well as success.
Who should perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
According to the ancient text, Pitra Dosh occurs if any forefathers up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side and 7th generation on the father’s side had an unnatural death or expired at a very early age. It is also very important to respect the parental desires of the ancestors and follow some good deeds. If one does not follow this, then souls of the ancestors never rest in peace and becomes Pitra Dosh. If a person do not perform pooja for their ancestors then he might suffer from the curse of “Pitra Dosh”.
What are the benefits of doing Pitra Dosh Puja?
Pitra Dosh Puja has the following benefits:
- If a person does good for the upliftment and peace of their ancestors then definitely he will seek many blessings.
- It is also seen that if a person does pitra dosh pooja then it removes all the obstacles and problems from his path.
- This pooja also provides with harmonious and cordial family relations and the family life becomes very smooth. It also provides peace of mind and provides with financial stability.
- This pooja also helps to eradicate acute diseases and a relief from bad effects of the malefic planets and cures any destruction. Protects the family from any evil energies and gives them strength to overcome all the hurdles of their lives very easily.
- This pooja is a very powerful tool to overcome the bad conditions. It also revives good fortune and positive energy all around.
When should I perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
- Amavasya and Ashtami are generally the best days to perform the Pitru Dosh Niwaran.
- Some people also perform this pooja on Pitru Paksha.
- Moreover, this Pooja should take place on the last day of Pitra Paksha. Depending upon the Kundli of the person and consulting the expert this pooja should take place.
How to perform Pitra Dosha Puja?
- Perform Tri Pindh Shradh for the Puja. The TriPindh Shradh is performed beside the Kund.
- Three Gods are worshipped on this Puja. Worship Brahma, Vishnu, Shankar, Gopal Krishna after performing Puja of the Kalash.
- Teerth shradh is performed at the house of the pandit only for those people who are performing just the shradh.
- A Pindh is given in the name of all the ancestors that have passed away. Starting from great-grandparents to uncles, aunts, brothers, sisters, mother and fathers-in-law and anybody from the family who all are dead. It also includes the Gurujis who have passed away.
- Kala Til, Jal, Pushpa, Tulsi Leaves are offered and these Pindhs are worshipped. The Vidhaan is of 1.5-2hrs.
- You can donate foods, clothes in the name of the ancestors that are no more alive.
For performing the puja you can reach Trayambakeshwar Temple either the evening before the Puja. You can also choose to reach the Mandir on the morning of the Puja.
What are the materials required for Pitra Dosh Puja?
The list of pooja materials include Ashtagandha, Abeer / Gulal, Agarbatti, Dhoopam, Elaichi, Ganga Mitti, Ganga Jal, Ghee, Jaggery. Also, the person performing the pooja is advised to wear new clothes which includes gamcha and dhoti. And the ladies should have a new saree, blouse and other necessary things.
Other materials are:
Turmeric powder, Honey, Sindoor, Kachcha Soot, Kapoor
Rice, Red Cloth, Napkin, Sapt-dhanya, Wheat, Flowers, Cow dung and as advised by the pandit.
Where to perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
It can also be performed in Badrinath, Trimbakeshwar, Haridwar or Gaya by a learned priest following all the rituals. This pooja can also be performed in Kasganj (U.P.), Bhimashankar temple (Maharashtra), Kaithal (Haryana), Mahamaya Mandir at Ratanpur(Chhattisgarh), Jabalpur, Gangasagar, Ujjain, Jagannathpuri, Pushkar, Chitrakoot, Rishikesh, and Prayag-Triveni.
What are the types of Pitra Dosh Puja?
There are three types of Pitra Dosh Puja performed at Trimbakeshwar. They are:
- Narayan Naagbali Puja: This is a three day Puja. It is performed by the River. It is a very elaborate procedure. There are three parts of this Puja and requires complete dedication.
- Tri Pindh Shradh: This is a one day Puja. This Puja is beside the Kundh.
- Teerth Shradh: This Puja is performed at the house of the Pandit. This is also a one day Puja.
What is the Cost of performing Pitra Dosh Puja?
Pitra Dosh Puja is a 1 day Puja. It takes around 2 hours to complete the Puja. The cost of performing this Puja is around 2,500-3000.
If you have any questions about Pitra Dosh Puja, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.