Pitra Dosh Puja
There are times when happiness, success and peace of mind seems to be impossible, no matter how hard we strive for it. It seems to be beyond the reach of the person and the main reason for this is believed to be Pitra Dosh and it depends upon the person’s horoscope. A person is said to be affected by Pitra Dosh if he is born under the ninth house where the Sun and Rahu combine. It can also be considered as the curse from the ancestors and the person having pitra dosh in his horoscope then he has some angry forefathers.
If the person’s ancestors have not attained peace due to some religious rituals at the time of death then a Dosha develops in the horoscope of the person and causes Pitra Dosh. Pitra Dosh is considered as a very important aspect in the Indian astrology and should be amended as soon as possible without any delay. It generally occurs when the ancestors find it very hard to free themselves from the ties on earth and results in hardships. If the pitras are happy with the shraddha that is offered by you then they surely clear all the path to happiness as well as success.
Who should perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
According to the ancient text, it is said that Pitra Dosh occurs if any forefathers up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side and 7th generation on the father’s side have had an unnatural death or have expired at a very early age. It is also very important to respect the parental desires of the ancestors and follow some good deeds. If this is not followed then souls of the ancestors never rest in peace and becomes Pitra Dosh. If a person do not perform pooja for their ancestors then he might suffer from the curse of “Pitra Dosh”.
Benefits of doing Pitra Dosh Puja
- The Pitra Dosh pooja is carried out based on the kundli of a person. It is believed that this pooja have many benefits. If a person does good for the upliftment and peace of their ancestors then definitely he will seek many blessings. It is also seen that if a person does pitra dosh pooja then all the obstacles and problems gets removed.
- This pooja also provides with harmonious and cordial family relations and the family life becomes very smooth. It also provides peace of mind and provides with financial stability. It also improves the social life and a relief from any physical or mental ailments. Delay in the growth of career and obstacles in education can be avoided by performing this pooja.
- This pooja also helps to eradicate acute diseases and a relief from bad effects of the malefic planets and cures any destruction. Protects the family from any evil energies and gives them strength to overcome all the hurdles of their lives very easily.
- This pooja can be considered as a very powerful tool to overcome the bad conditions and to revive good fortune and positive energy all around.
When should I perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
No moon day or Amavasya can be considered as the best day to perform the Pitru Dosh Niwaran. The Pitra Paksha can also be considered as an auspicious day to perform this pooja. This Pooja should be done on the last day of Pitra Paksha. Depending upon the kundli of the person and consulting the expert this pooja is to be performed.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran Puja
- By consulting the expert or pandit, a special day is decided to perform the Pitra dosh Nivaran Pooja. Resolution is taken by the group of pandits during the first day of the pooja. Sankalp or resolution is taken by the head pandit and the oath is taken in front of Lord Shiva to chant 125,000 Pitra Dosh Nivaran mantras for a specific native.
- The head pandit also takes the name of all the assistant pandits and keep on enchanting the mantras for 8 to 10 days till the completion of each mantra. After the mantras are completed then a completion ceremony is arranged for the pooja.
- This procedure takes 2 to 3 hours and a pooja is performed for Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati, Lord Ganpati and other family members of Lord Shiva family. The Lord is offered with the items like milk, curd, fruits, sweet, sugar, honey, desi ghee, flowers and many other things.
- The mantras and the procedure to perform the pooja might differ from place to place and the amount of doshas of a person. The resolution that is taken by the pandits during the pooja is based on the pooja that is performed to relieve the Pitra Dosh.
- After the pooja is completed then blessings are taken from the God and Goddess and the final ceremony of the Havana is started.
Materials required for Pitra Dosh Puja
- Pooja materials can be considered as a very important requirement to perform any pooja. The list of pooja materials include Ashtagandha, Abeer / Gulal, Agarbatti, Dhoopam, Elaichi, Ganga Mitti, Ganga Jal, Ghee, Jaggery, Turmeric powder, Honey, Sindoor, Kachcha Soot, Kapoor, Rice, Red Cloth, Napkin, Sapt-dhanya, Wheat, Flowers, Cow dung and as advised by the pandit.
- A person performing the pooja is advised to wear new clothes which includes gamcha and dhoti. And the ladies should have a new saree, blouse and other necessary things.
Where to perform Pitra Dosh Puja?
Pitra Dosh Pooja can be performed in Badrinath, Trimbakeshwar, Haridwar or Gaya by a learned priest following all the rituals that will help to relief from any problems in life. This pooja can also be performed in Kasganj (U.P.), Bhimashankar temple (Maharashtra), Kaithal (Haryana), Mahamaya Mandir at Ratanpur(Chhattisgarh), Jabalpur, Gangasagar, Ujjain, Jagannathpuri, Pushkar, Chitrakoot, Rishikesh, Kashi Vishwanath and Prayag-Triveni.
Cost of performing Pitra Dosh Puja
The cost of this pooja might differ from place to place and the number of priests who are performing the pooja. The cost of this pooja might range from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 6000.