Pancha Bhoota Temples Tour
A trip to 5 Shiva temples each representing the manifestation of the five prime elements of nature – earth, water, air, sky, fire.
7 & Above
Inclusions & Exclusions
1. AC Accommodation
3. AC Transport by Private Vehicle
4. Toll, Parking, Fuel Charges and Driver Bata
1. GST of 5%
2. Any personal expenses including entrance fees for all sightseeing spots
3. Lunch and Dinner
4. Anything that is not mentioned in the "Inclusions" section
Day-1: Bangalore, Srikalahasti, Kanchipuram
Day-2: Thiruvannamalai, Chidambaram
Day-3: Chidambaram, Trichy
Day-4: Trichy, Bangalore
Pancha Bhoota Yatra takes you on a most divine tour to the Pancha Bhoota Stalas. They refer to the five Shiva temples each representing the manifestation of the five prime elements of nature – earth, water, air, sky, fire. Pancha indicates Five, Bhoota means elements and Stala means place. All these temples are located in South India with four of these temples in Tamil Nadu and one in Andhra Pradesh. The five elements are believed to be enshrined in the five lingams and each of the lingams representing Shiva in the temple have five distinct names based on the elements they represent.
- Sri Kalahastheeswara Temple (Vayu Lingam – Air): This temple is situated in the state of Andhra Pradesh and is called Dakshina Kailasam. It is also called Vayu sthala or the Air lingam. According to legends, it is in this temple, where Lord Shiva appears with five faces signifying the five elements – earth, water, fire, sky and air. Saints of yore have proclaimed that merely one visit to this temple is adequate for an aspiring devotee to attain salvation and free himself from the sins of past lives. All the malefic effects caused due to the two serpentine planets Rahu and Ketu in a person’s horoscope, are mitigated when prayers are offered in this temple. Another interesting feature of this temple is that Lord Shiva embodies in himself all the 8 planets except Saturn.
- Arunachaleswara Temple (Agni Lingam – Fire): Legends say that Lord Shiva manifested as a column of fire in Tiruvannamalai to teach lessons to Vishnu and Brahma. He also took the form of Ardhanarishwara in this holy place. The whole mountain is a linga, the manifestation of Shiva in the form of the element fire in Tiruvannamalai. Annamalaiyar Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, located at the bottom of the Annamalai hill in Thiruvannamalai town. Saivite poets like Appar, Sambandar, Sekkizhar and Arunagirinathar have sung in praise of the Lord here.
- Thillai Natarajar Temple (Akasha Lingam – Sky): The temple town of Chidambaram has the famous Saivaite temple dedicated to Lord Shiva in the form of Nataraja. Nataraja is seen in the famous anandha tandava pose, the dance of creation. The presiding deity of the temple is Nataraja with his consort Sivagami. Shiva is worshipped as space or ether known as Akasha Lingam. The renowned Saivaite saint poets Appar, Sundarar and Sambandar have sung hymns in glory of the lord of this temple, Nataraja.
- Jambukeshwarar Temple (Appu Lingam – Water): The presiding deities of the temple in this place are Lord Jambukeshwarar and Goddess Akhilandeshwari. One can see water oozing out of the linga in this shrine and hence the name Appu linga or Lingam of water. It is also called ‘Upadesha sthala’ as the shrines of Lord Shiva and Parvati are seen facing each other. The Goddess herself received initiation into cosmic truths from Lord Shiva in this sacred place, like a student from a revered Guru.
- Ekambareswarar Temple (Prithvi Lingam – Earth): This famous temple in Kanchipuram is one of the five major Shiva temples or Pancha Bootha Sthalams representing the element – Earth. Goddess Parvati worshipped Lord Shiva under a mango tree, in the form of linga made with earth or prithvi to reunite with him. This ancient temple has been in existence even prior to 600 AD and has been sung by the revered Saivite Saints like Sundaramoorthy Nayanar, who regained his lost eyesight after worshipping the lord of this temple.
Terms & Conditions
- In chardham tour, any AC vehicle Dehradun onward till back to Rishikesh, AC will remain off at up hill road. Hence tourists are requested not to put any pressure on driver/manager for AC during uphill.
- In case of non-availability of regular hotels, we will give you different options where rate of package might increase or decrease depending on hotels selected.
- Myoksha Travels hereby expressly disclaims any implied warranties imputed by the laws of any jurisdictions or country other than India. Myoksha Travels considers itself and intends to the jurisdictions only of the court of Mumbai, India.