Muktinath Yatra covers the most important temples in Nepal including Muktinath Temple, Pashupatinath Temple, Manakamna Temple, Jala Narayan Temple and others.
We are the most trusted temple tour operator in India.
- Muktinath Yatra Overview
- Trip Pricing (Per Person)
- Tour Inclusions
- Tour Exclusions
- Muktinath Tour Itinerary
- Hotels Provided
- Customer Testimonials
- How to reach Muktinath in Nepal?
- Where is the Muktinath Temple?
- How to reach Muktinath from Kathmandu?
- How to reach Muktinath from Pokhara?
- Muktinath Packages
- From Chennai
- From Delhi
- Muktinath Tour Package from Pokhara
- From Gorakhpur
- Muktinath Tour package from Mumbai
- Muktinath Packages from Hyderabad
- Muktinath Packages from Bangalore
- Muktinath Tour by Road
- Pokhara to Muktinath Road Map
- Muktinath by Jeep
- Pokhara to Muktinath Jeep Fare
- Jomsom to Muktinath by Jeep
- Jomsom to Muktinath Jeep Fare
- Muktinath Tour by Flight/Helicopter
- Kathmandu to Muktinath on a Flight
- Kathmandu to Pokhara Flight Fare
- Pokhara to Jomsom Flight Fare
- Helicopter Services in Pokhara
- Muktinath Darshan by Helicopter
- Muktinath Route Map
- Travel Guide
- Muktinath in Hindi
- Muktinath in Tamil
- Muktinath in Telugu
- Best Season for Travel to Muktinath
- Muktinath Travel Permits
- Muktinath Tour Package FAQ
- What is the history of Muktinath Temple?
- What is the significance of Muktinath Temple?
- What are the timings of Muktinath Temple?
- What is the cost of Muktinath Tour?
- How to do the Muktinath by helicopter?
- From where to start Muktinath tour?
- What is the exact route for Muktinath?
- How much luggage may I carry in flight from Pokhara to Jomsom during Muktinath Yatra?
- How much will I need to walk to reach the muktinath temple, is there any option to avoid walking?
- Is Indian currency valid in Nepal?
- What is the Valid Id proof which can be carried out for the Muktinath?
- What are other places which may be covered with this tour of Muktinath?
- Maximum how many days are required to cover Muktinath & Pashupatinath tour?
Muktinath Yatra Overview
Duration: 4 Nights/5 Days.
Starting From: Kathmandu, Nepal.
Places Covered: Pashupatinath Temple, Muktinath Temple, Manakamana Temple.
Optional: Nagarkot, Chitwan National Park, Janakpur, Lumbini, Everest Flight.
Dates: Any day of your choice. Customize as per your needs.
Amenities: Private Vehicle, Clean Hotels, All Meals, Flight to Muktinath.
Trip Pricing (Per Person)
11 & Above
- 2 Nights accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast (double occupancy)
- 1 Night accommodation in Pokhara with breakfast (double occupancy)
- 1 Night accommodation in Jomsom (basic room) with Lunch & dinner (double occupancy)
- Pokhara – Jomsom – Pokhara flight ticket
- All transfer & sightseeing by private ac Car/Van/Hiace/Bus
- Jomsom – Muktinath – Jomsom transfer by Jeep/Coach on sharing basis
- Annapurna conservation area permit
- GST of 5%
- Any expenses of personal nature such as drinks, laundry, telephone/fax calls.
- Entrance fee of all sightseeing spots
- Medical evacuations, riots, strikes, etc. any tips to drivers, hotel staff, any meals apart from the ones mentioned above
- Nepal entry visa fee and any air fare.
- Travelers insurance
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, weather disturbance, strike, political disturbances etc.
Anything else that is not mentioned in the ‘Cost Includes’ section
Muktinath Tour Itinerary
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival
- Pick up from Kathmandu International Airport. Your Muktinath Yatra starts at this point.
- Proceed to check into the hotel.
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple and Guhyeshwari Shakti Peetha. If you arrive late you can visit these temples next day early morning.
- Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Manakamana Temple, Pokhara
- In the morning check out from the hotel and drive to Pokhara.
- On the way visit Manakamana Temple (by cable car at extra cost) and complete darshan.
- Overnight stay in Pokhara.
Day 3: Muktinath darshan
- Early morning travel to the airport and fly to Jomsom.
- Then proceed to Muktinath Temple (by shared coach) for darshan.
- Complete darshan in Muktinath Temple.
- Later drive back to Jomsom.
- Overnight stay in Jomsom.
Day 4: Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Early morning drive to the airport and fly back to Pokhara.
- Visit Fewa Lake Tal Barahi Temple, Devi’s Fall and Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave.
- Drive to Kathmandu.
- Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 5: Kathmandu departure
- Early morning check-out from the hotel. Vist Jal Narayan Temple if time permits.
- Proceed to drop off at the airport for your onward journey. End of your Muktinath Yatra.
Admire/Grand Holiday Inn
Penansula/Mount View/Tuki Resort
“My association with Myoksha Travels started in 2017 with my trip to Pancha Dwarka. We were so happy and satisfied with the hotel and travel arrangements made by Myoksha Travels, that when we planned for our Muktinath Yatra during March-2018, I immediately contacted them. We were 10 of us from Salem, Tamilnadu and the average age of the group was 55. The trip was planned between 15-03-2018 and 22-03-2018. I booked the flight tickets from Bangalore to Kathmandu (via Delhi) and back. Rest was taken care by Myoksha Travels. We landed up at Kathmandu on 16-03-2018 at 2 PM and there was a Toyota Hiace ( A 16 seater SUV) waiting for us to take us to the hotel. The hotel accommodations were according to our specifications at Kathmandu & Pokhara (three-star facilities). In Jomsom, decent accommodation with basic facilities provided to us because it is a rough terrain and a remote place from where you have to go by a bus to have darshan of Muktinath. As promised, a local man ( who could speak Hindi & English) accompanied us throughout the tour. The driver & the guide were soft-spoken and well behaved. Periodically, Myoksha staff contacted me over phone to find out everything is to our satisfaction. I would like to place on record my thanks to Mr Anshul who used to contact / WhatsApp me on a daily basis and Mr. Sasi who spoke to me on a couple of occasions. The entire muktinath yatra was handled professionally by the staff of Myoksha Travels.”
How to reach Muktinath in Nepal?
Where is the Muktinath Temple?
Muktinath temple is present in the Muktinath Valley in Mustang, Nepal. The Muktinath valley is located at the foot of the Thorong La mountain pass and is close to a village called Ranipauwa. This region, according to Hinduism, is the ‘Mukti Kshetra’, which means that it is the place where one attains ‘Moksha’.
Muktinath Temple is a place of religious importance for both Hindus and Buddhists. It is present in the Muktinath Valley in Mustang, Nepal. As per Hinduism, it is the ‘Mukti Kshetra’ or ‘the place of liberation’ and is among the 108 Divya Desam of the Vaishnava sect.
“Mukti” means “Salvation or Nirvana” and “Nath” means “God or Master”.
How to reach Muktinath from Kathmandu?
Road- The road distance from Kathmandu to Muktinath is 378km via Prithvi way and 460km from Ah2 and Prithvi way. It takes 14hrs to 17hrs to reach depending on the route taken.
Train- There are no train ways connecting Kathmandu and Muktinath.
Air- Due to bad weather conditions flying is a bit difficult. You can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which takes 25minutes. From there, take another flight to Jomson. This is a 15mins flight. From there, drive to the temple.
Mountain Flight- You can fly from Kathmandu to Muktinath via a Mountain Flight. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30mins walk to the Temple.
How to reach Muktinath from Pokhara?
Road- This is the best way to travel this distance. The distance between the places is 175kms via Buglung Rajmarg and takes 8hrs and 40mins.
Train- There are no train ways from Pokhara to Muktinath Mandir.
Air- You can take a 15min flight to Jomson and then drive to the Temple.
Mountain Flight- You can take a Mountain Flight from Pokhara to Muktinath. The Mountain Flight drops you off at a place from where it is a 30mins walk to the Temple.
To avail our Muktinath Yatra from Chennai, travel down to Kathmandu/Gorakhpur/Pokhara. Our representatives will pick you up from your location and start onwards with us from there.
You have to break your journey from Delhi to Muktinath. You can either travel to Pokhara by road and from there you can either take a Jeep or take a mountain flightr to Muktinath Mandir. Alternatively, you can travel to Kathmandu and from there travel to Pokhara.
We will pick you up from Pokhara/Kathmandu/Gorakhpur and start with your journey onwards with us.
Muktinath Tour Package from Pokhara
Our representatives can either pick you up from Pokhara on a Jeep and drive you to the Muktinath Mandir. Alternatively, if you want to fly to Jomson, we can arrange a Jeep to pick you up from
Jomsom and drive you to the Mandir. We can also arrange mountain flights and fly you to the Mandir from Pokhara. There are no options for a car or a bus.
We can pick you up from Gorakhpur and drive you to Muktinath. Also, you can opt for flying till Jomsom and from there we would pick you up for your journey onwards. If you want to ride mountain flights till Muktinath, we can provide you with the same.
Muktinath Tour package from Mumbai
- You can opt for a journey from Mumbai to Kathmandu to Pokhara to Muktinath (by air train or road).
- You can travel to Gorakhpur and then to Pokhara to Muktinath. (air, train or road).
- You can travel to Delhi and from there you can travel directly to Pokhara to Muktinath.
- You can opt for Delhi- Kathmandu- Pokhara- Muktinath as well.
We can arrange for Jeeps for you once you reach Kathmandu/Gorakhpur/Pokhara to Muktinath Mandir.
Muktinath Packages from Hyderabad
You can travel down from Hyderabad to Pokhara either directly by bus or flight or by breaking your journey via train. Our representatives will pick you up for your journey onwards with us. Alternatively, you can even travel down to Kathmandu or Gorakhpur and avail our services from there.
Muktinath Packages from Bangalore
Our representatives can pick you up fro Gorakhpur/Kathmandu or Pokhara in a station or airport at your arrival there. You can start your journey onwards with us from there. We can take you directly to Muktinath via a Jeep or can also arrange for mountain planes upon request.
Muktinath Tour by Road
Pokhara to Muktinath Road Map
The distance between Pokhara to Muktinath is 176kms. It would take around 8hrs and 40mins to reach via Baglung Rajmarg. as the conditions of the roads here are not well, it can only be covered by Jeep. So plan your muktinath yatra ccordingly.
Muktinath by Jeep
The tour to Muktinath is an adventurous trip. This is because of the conditions of the road. Travel access here is difficult because of the conditions of the weather. Since the roads are bumpy and off sometimes it is best to travel in a Jeep there.
Pokhara to Muktinath Jeep Fare
The Jeep cost from Pokhara to Muktinath is Rs. 25,000/ INR. This is the cost of going on one day and returning on the next day.
Jomsom to Muktinath by Jeep
The distance between Muktinath from Jomsom Jeep Station is 23kms via Muktinath Sadak and Kaagbni Sadak. You can take a Jeep from the Jomsom Jeep Statio and travel till Muktinath.
Jomsom to Muktinath Jeep Fare
The Jeep fare from Jomsom to Muktinath is Rs.9500 INR. The Jeep can accommodate 6person. This is the cost if the Jeep returns on the same day.
Muktinath Tour by Flight/Helicopter
Kathmandu to Muktinath on a Flight
You can fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara which will take you about 25minutes. From there, you can take a 15minute flight to Jomson and travel on a Jeep from Jomsom to the Muktinath Temple. This is the fastest way to complete your muktinath yatra.
Kathmandu to Pokhara Flight Fare
You can take a flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara. Kathmandu to Pokhara flight to and fro costs Rs. 6000/ INR.
Pokhara to Jomsom Flight Fare
In our Pashupati and Muktinath Tour, we can provide you with Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Jomson. The flight fare from Jomsom to Pokhara is around 6000/ INR.
Helicopter Services in Pokhara
There are no helicopter services from Pokhara. However, we can provide you Mountain Flights from Pokhara to Muktinath. The flight fare from Pokhara to Jomsom is around Rs. 6000/ INR. You can take a Jeep from there and travel to Muktinath.
Muktinath Darshan by Helicopter
There are no helicopters to Muktinath. However, in Muktinath Yatra 2018, one can travel by flight. You have to break your journey.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara via Flight costing Rs. 6000/ INR to and fro.
- Pokhara to Jomsom via Mountain Flight costing Rs. 6000/ INR.
- Jomsom to Pokhara via Jeep costing Rs. 9500/ INR.
Muktinath Route Map
Muktinath in Hindi
मुक्तिनाथ मंदिर नेपाल के मस्तंग में मुक्तिनाथ घाटी में मौजूद है। हिंदू धर्म के अनुसार, यह क्षेत्र ‘मुक्ति क्षेत्र’ है, जिसका अर्थ है कि यह वह स्थान है जहां कोई व्यक्ति ‘मोक्ष’ प्राप्त करता है। यह हिंदू और बौद्ध दोनों के लिए धार्मिक महत्व का एक स्थान है।
हमारे मुक्तिनाथ यात्रा पैकेज में पशुपतिनाथ मंदिर, मुक्तिनाथ मंदिर, मानकमन मंदिर, काठमांडू और पोखरा और अन्य वैकल्पिक स्थानों में स्थानीय मंदिर शामिल हैं। हम अपने ग्राहकों की जरूरत के हिसाब से हमारे पैकेज को अनुकूलित करते हैं। हमारे यात्रियों, विशेष रूप से वरिष्ठ नागरिकों की सहायता के लिए, एक आदर्श और आरामदायक यात्रा हमारे आदर्श वाक्य है।
Muktinath in Tamil
முக்திநாத் கோயில் நேபாளத்தில் முஸ்டங்கில் முக்திநாத் பள்ளத்தாக்கில் உள்ளது. ஹிந்துமதத்தின் படி, இந்த பகுதி ‘முக்தீஷ்வர்’ ஆகும், அதாவது ‘மோக்ஷா’ அடையும் இடமாக இது உள்ளது. இந்துக்கள் மற்றும் புத்த மதங்களுக்கான மத முக்கியத்துவம் இது.
பட்டுபட்டிநாத் கோவில், முக்திநாத் கோயில், மனாகமணா கோயில், காத்மாண்டு மற்றும் பொக்ரா மற்றும் பிற விருப்ப இடங்களில் உள்ள உள்ளூர் கோவில்கள் நமது முத்துநாத் யாத்ரா தொகுப்பு. எங்கள் வாடிக்கையாளர்களின் தேவைக்கேற்ப எங்கள் தொகுப்பை தனிப்பயனாக்கலாம். எங்கள் பயணிகள், சிறப்பாக மூத்த குடிமக்களுக்கு உதவ, ஒரு பாதுகாப்பான மற்றும் வசதியான பயணம் எங்கள் குறிக்கோள்.
Muktinath in Telugu
ముక్తింత్ ఆలయం నేపాల్ ముస్తాంగ్లో ముక్తినాథ్ లోయలో ఉంది. హిందూమతం ప్రకారం, ఈ ప్రాంతం ‘ముక్తి క్షేత్రం’ అని అర్ధం. అంటే ‘మోక్షం’ అనే ప్రదేశం. ఇది హిందువులు మరియు బౌద్ధులకు మతపరమైన ప్రాముఖ్యత.
మా ముఠినాథ్ యాత్ర ప్యాకేజీలో పశుపతినాథ్ ఆలయం, ముక్తినాథ్ ఆలయం, మనంకమన ఆలయం, ఖాట్మండు మరియు పోఖారాలోని స్థానిక ఆలయాలు మరియు ఇతర ఐచ్ఛిక ప్రదేశాలు ఉన్నాయి. మా వినియోగదారుల అవసరానికి అనుగుణంగా మా ప్యాకేజిని అనుకూలీకరించండి. మా ప్రయాణీకులకు, ప్రత్యేకంగా సీనియర్ పౌరులకు, సురక్షితమైన మరియు సౌకర్యవంతమైన ప్రయాణం మా నినాదంతో సహాయపడటానికి.
Best Season for Travel to Muktinath
The best time to go on Muktinath Yatra is:
- Autumn: This is the best time to visit Muktinath. September, October and November cover autumn. This season is neither too hot nor too cold. The trekking trails are available for trekking. The weather is clear and dry and offers an excellent view of snowcapped mountains in the blue sky. The monsoon rain washed away the pollution and dust. This is the peak season in Nepal.
- Spring: This is the second best season in Nepal. The temperature is moderate and the views of the mountains are excellent. March, April and May cover this season.
- Summer: Since this is the rainy season road tour to Muktinath will be difficult. However, this is the best trekking season. June, July and August cover this season.
- Winter: Muktinath region are covered by snow in these months. December, January and February cover these months. It is preferable to use mountain flights to view Muktinath during these months.
Muktinath Travel Permits
In order to avail the Muktinath Yatra, you need to have certain permits, These permits are required even when you trek, travel by road or flu to Muktinath.
- Annapurna Conversation Area Project Permit (ACAP): This permit costs around 2000NRS. You can obtain this permit from Nepal Tourism Board, Kathmandu or Pokhara.
- Trekkers Information Management System Permit(TIMS): You can collect this permit from TAAN at Saatghumti, Thamel. You can also collect it from Mali Gaun, Kathmandu or at Pokhara.
Muktinath Tour Package FAQ
What is the history of Muktinath Temple?
According to the legend associated with the history of Muktinath, Lord Vishnu received salvation from the curse of Brinda, who was the wife of Jalandhar. Then, in the early 19th century the Hindus consecrated a Vishnu temple here and named is Muktinath – Lord of Liberation.
Moreover, as per the Tibetan Buddhist tradition Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava), the founder of Tibetan Buddhism meditated at Muktinath on his way to Tibet.
What is the significance of Muktinath Temple?
The significance of Muktinath Temple is that devotees consider it to be one of the Shakti Peethas, which are abodes of Shakti (cosmic energy) and the places where the ashes from the corpse of Sati fell on the ground. Also, it is one of the oldest temples of Lord Vishnu.
The idol of Lord Vishnu in the temple is as tall as an average human, and the temple courtyard contains 108 bull faces through which water runs. Also, a Buddhist monk conducts the worship in the temple and a local nun takes care of the prayers and rituals.
What are the timings of Muktinath Temple?
Here are the timings of Muktinath Temple:
|Morning||5 AM||12 PM|
|Evening||2 PM||9 PM|
What is the cost of Muktinath Tour?
The complete tour package from Kathmandu to Muktinath via Pokhara would cost Rs.30,000 per head or more depending on the details of the tour package that one chooses and the number of people travelling. Generally, if more people travel together, the cost per head reduces.
How to do the Muktinath by helicopter?
One can travel from Kathmandu to Muktinath by helicopter in 5 hours and from Pokhara in 45 minutes. For charter, a helicopter may accommodate 5-6 people at a time. Taking a tour package that includes travelling by Helicopter may cost somewhere between Rs. 60,000-Rs. 3,00,000 per head depending on the number of people travelling.
From where to start Muktinath tour?
There are two ways to start your trip for Muktinath:
- By flight: Reach Kathmandu and proceed to Muktinath by doing darshan at Pashupatinath.
- By rail/road transport: You may reach Gorakhpur/Raxaul and you may proceed to Muktinath.
What is the exact route for Muktinath?
You may reach Muktinath Dham by reaching Kathmandu from there go ahead to Pokhara from Pokhara you have two options to reach Muktinath which are:
- By flight: From Pokhara, you may take a flight which will take you to Jomsom and from there you need to board a sharing Jeep or book a private vehicle to reach Muktinath.
- By road: you may also go by road from Pokhara to Muktinath Dham.
How much luggage may I carry in flight from Pokhara to Jomsom during Muktinath Yatra?
You may carry a maximum 5-7 kgs/person.
You may take locker room in the Pokhara hotels as you will need only 1-night stay in Jomsom.
How much will I need to walk to reach the muktinath temple, is there any option to avoid walking?
You will only need to walk a maximum of 500mtrs. Yes, you have options such as Palkies and ponies which you may book on spot, which will cost approx. 1000 -2000 INR. Do negotiate for the cost.
Is Indian currency valid in Nepal?
Yes, Indian currency is valid in Nepal.
If you want to exchange the currency you may do it at the airport by providing your travel documents and ID proof.
What is the Valid Id proof which can be carried out for the Muktinath?
Passport is a must for foreign nationals except for Indian.
For Indian nationals, the best id is still the passport, but if you don’t have it no need to worry there are other documents which you may carry for the Yatra.
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
What are other places which may be covered with this tour of Muktinath?
Some of the temples that one can visit near Muktinath Temple are:
- Pashupatinath Temple: It is one of the most sacred Hindu temples of Nepal, present near in the eastern side of Kathmandu valley. This temple is in dedication to Lord Shiva and is of supreme importance in Nepal because serves as the seat of Nepal’s national deity, Lord Pashupatinath. It is present on the banks of river Bagmati and devotees believe that the 12 Jyotirlingas in India are the representations of a body, and the Jyotirlinga at Pashupatinath temple is the head of that body.
- Manakamana Temple: It present in the Gorkha district of Nepal is in dedication to the Hindu Goddess Bhagwati, who is an incarnation of goddess Parvati (Shiva’s consort). Further, the name ‘Manakamana’ originates from two words, ‘mana’ meaning heart/mind and ‘kamana’ meaning wish, hence translating to ‘the heart’s wish’.
Maximum how many days are required to cover Muktinath & Pashupatinath tour?
You will need only 5 Nights/6 Days to complete muktinath yatra.