Duration: 5 Nights/6 Days.
Starting From: Kathmandu, Nepal.
Places Covered: Pashupatinath Temple, Muktinath Temple, Manakamana Temple, Local temples in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
Optional: Nagarkot, Chitwan National Park, Janakpur, Lumbini, Everest Flight.
Dates: Any day of your choice. Customize as per your needs.
Amenities: Private Vehicle, 3-Star Hotels, All Meals, Flight to Muktinath.
Per Person Price
10 & Above
- Food as per meal plan.
- Return Flight Ticket for Pokhara - Jomsom – Pokhara
- Accommodation on double occupancy in Kathmandu, Pokhara & Jomsom. Only standard basic hotel in Jomsom.
- ACAP Permit fee for Muktinath
- Transport by Private Vehicle as per the group size
- All additional government tax & permit.
- Sharing basis coach transfer for Jomsom - Muktinath - Jomsom.
- GST of 5%
- All Sightseeing/Entrance Fee and Manakamana cable car tickets
- Pony/horse riding or bike service fee near Muktinath Temple
- Entrance fee of all sightseeing spots
- Tips, Personal expenses (beverage, phone calls etc.,)
- International flight tickets, travel insurance, Nepal visa fee
- All expenses due to unavoidable events e.g. flight cancellation, personal illness, weather disturbance, strike, political disturbances etc. Anything else that is not mentioned in the ‘Cost Includes’ section
Day 1: Kathmandu arrival
- Pick up from Kathmandu International Airport.
- Proceed to check into hotel.
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple and Guhyeshwari Shakti Peetha. If you arrive late you can visit these temples next day early morning.
- Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Manakamana Temple, Pokhara
- In the morning check out from the hotel and drive to Pokhara.
- On the way visit Manakamana Temple (by cable car at extra cost) and complete darshan.
- Overnight stay in Pokhara.
Day 3: Muktinath darshan
- Early morning travel to airport and fly to Jomsom.
- Then proceed to Muktinath Temple (by shared coach) for darshan.
- Complete darshan in Muktinath Temple.
- Later drive back to Jomsom.
- Overnight stay in Jomsom.
Day 4: Pokhara local
- Early morning drive to airport and fly back to Pokhara.
- Visit Bindabasini Temple, Fewa Lake Tal Barahi Temple, Devi’s Fall and Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave.
- Overnight stay in Pokhara.
Day 5: Kathmandu
- Early morning drive back to Kathmandu.
- Visit Jal Narayan and Kathmandu Durbar Square.
- Overnight stay in Kathmandu.
Day 6: Kathmandu departure
- Early morning check-out from the hotel.
- Proceed to drop off at the airport for your onward journey.
“My association with Myoksha Travels started in 2017 with my trip to Pancha Dwarka. We were so happy and satisfied with the hotel and travel arrangements made by Myoksha Travels, that when we planned for our Muktinath Trip during March-2018, I immediately contacted them. We were 10 of us from Salem, Tamilnadu and the average age of the group was 55. The trip was planned between 15-03-2018 and 22-03-2018. I booked the flight tickets from Bangalore to Kathmandu (via Delhi) and back. Rest was taken care by Myoksha Travels. We landed up at Kathmandu on 16-03-2018 at 2 PM and there was a Toyota Hiace ( A 16 seater SUV) waiting for us to take us to the hotel. The hotel accommodations were according to our specifications at Kathmandu & Pokhara (three star facilities). In Jomsom, decent accommodation with basic facilities provided to us because it is a rough terrain and a remote place from where you have to go by a bus to have darshan of Muktinath. As promised, a local man ( who could speak Hindi & English) accompanied us throughout the tour. The driver & the guide were soft spoken and well behaved. Periodically, Myoksha staff contacted me over phone to find out everything is to our satisfaction. I would like to place on record my thanks to Mr. Anshul who used to contact / whatsapp me on a daily basis and Mr. Sasi who spoke to me on a couple of occasions. It was handled professionally by the staff of Myoksha Travels."
Muktinath Tour Package FAQ
Where is Muktinath Temple?
Muktinath temple is present in the Muktinath Valley in Mustang, Nepal. The Muktinath valley is located at the foot of the Thorong La mountain pass and is close to a village called Ranipauwa. This region, according to Hinduism, is the 'Mukti Kshetra', which means that it is the place where one attains 'Moksh'.
What is the cost of Muktinath Yatra?
The complete tour package from Kathmandu to Muktinath via Pokhara would cost Rs.30,000 per head or more depending on the details of the tour package that one chooses and the number of people travelling. Generally, if more people travel together, the cost per head reduces.
How to do the Muktinath Yatra by helicopter?
One can travel from Kathmandu to Muktinath by helicopter in 5 hours and from Pokhara in 45 minutes. For charter, a helicopter may accommodate 5-6 people at a time. Taking a tour package that includes travelling by Helicopter may cost somewhere between Rs. 60,000-Rs. 3,00,000 per head depending on the number of people travelling.
From where to start Muktinath tour?
There are two ways to start your trip for Muktinath:
- By flight: Reach Kathmandu and proceed to Muktinath by doing darshan at Pashupatinath.
- By rail/road transport: You may reach Gorakhpur/Raxaul and you may proceed to Muktinath.
What is exact route for Muktinath?
You may reach Muktinath Dham by reaching Kathmandu from there go ahead to Pokhara from Pokhara you have two options to reach Muktinath which are:
- By flight: From Pokhara you may take a flight which will take you to Jomsom and from there you need to board a sharing Jeep or book a private vehicle to reach Muktinath.
- By road: you may also go by road from Pokhara to Muktinath Dham.
How much luggage may I carry in flight from Pokhara to Jomsom?
You may carry maximum 5-7 kgs / person.
You may take locker room in the Pokhara hotels as you will need only 1-night stay in Jomsom.
How much will I need to walk to reach temple, is there any option to avoid walking?
You will only need to walk a maximum of 500mtrs. Yes, you have options such as Palkies and ponies which you may book on spot, which will cost approx. 1000 -2000 INR. Do negotiate for the cost.
Is Indian currency valid in Nepal?
Yes, Indian currency is valid in Nepal.
If you want to exchange the currency you may do it at the airport by providing your travel documents and ID proof.
What is the Valid Id proof which can be carried for the Yatra?
Passport is a must for foreign nationals except Indian.
For Indian nationals, the best id is still the passport, but if you don’t have it no need to worry there are other documents which you may carry for the Yatra.
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must possess any one of the following documents:
- Driving License with photo
- Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
- Ration Card with Photo
- Election Commission Card with Photo
- Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
- Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
What are other places which may be covered with this tour of Muktinath?
You may cover places such as Pashupatinath temple, Mahadev caves, Davis Falls, Jal Narayan temple, Bindabasini Shakti Peeth, Nagarkot, Chitwan National Park, Janakpur, etc.
Maximum how many days are required to cover Muktinath & Pashupatinath tour?
You will need only 5Nights 6Days.