Maha Rudrabhishek is a ritual dedicated to and performed to get rid of the negative effects of planet Saturn. Through this pooja one seeks the blessings of Lord Shiva.
We arrange for Rudrabhishek in all the major Shiva Temples across the world including all 12 Jyotirlingas. Just use the contact form below to send us your request.
The month of Shravan is dedicated to Lord Shiva according to the ancient Hindu Vedic calendar and Hindu mythology. Lord Shiva is also considered as the supreme of all Gods and the source of creation. There is an immense relationship between Lord Shiva, Saturn, and the Rudra.
Panchamrut Pooja is offers to lord Mahakaleshwar along with reciting powerful hymns that will fulfill the wishes of the person who is performing this abhisheka.
During the incarnation of Lord Vishnu as Sri Rama, he performed Rudrabhishek pooja at Rameswaram before crossing the sea. He worshipped Lord Shiva as the Rudra form. This is one of the greatest that will remove all the obstacles.
This pooja takes place with full spirituality as well as rituals. Listening to the Rudram Mantra and chanting benefits the devotees and removes all sins. In order to perform this pooja, devotees make Homa kundas within the worship area.
Who should perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
The person who wants to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva and to remove all the obstacles in one’s life, performs this pooja. This pooja takes place to wash away afflictions and sins of the individual and to maintain the happiness, peace and prosperity in one’s life.
It is the most powerful and sacred pooja which brings prosperity in one’s life. Therefore, one can perform it to get rid of financial and health problems.
What are the benefits of doing Maha Rudrabhishek?
Here’s a list of benefits of doing Maha Rudrabhishek:
- This pooja helps to remove the evil effects of the Punarvasu, Ashlesha Nakshatras and the Pushya.
- This pooja is very beneficiary to vanish the negativity from life and it helps to bring happiness and success in one’s life.
- This pooja also helps in healthy mind and good spirit.
- It also removes the problems prevailing from a long time.
- The main purpose of this pooja is to wash off one’s sins and afflictions.
- This pooja helps in bringing peace and happiness along with family togetherness.
- Also, it is very beneficial for the people born with the Karka zodiac sign.
When should I perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
On the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri the priests bathe the shiv linga with milk, water, and honey. This holy pooja should take place on this day which brings the blessing of lord shiva to oneself. The day is very auspicious for getting the blessings of Lord Shiva.
Performing pooja on this day helps one to gain the merciful blessings of lord shiva. Lord Shiva is considered to be very happy during this day and fulfills all the desires of the devotees. One can also consult the priest and accordingly find the appropriate day to perform maha rudrabhishek pooja.
How to perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
Here’s how to do Maha Rudrabhishek:
- Before the beginning of the maha rudrabhishek pooja, the priest prepares the Asanas for the God and Goddess including the Navagrahas and other Deities.
- Then he performs the Swasti Vachan to seek the blessings for the devotee and light the ghee lamp.
- Afterwards, he recites the Shanti Path. The priest also takes a sankalpa on the behalf of the devotee and thereafter performs the rituals.
- Devotees perform this pooja for Lords of all 10 directions, Bhumi (Earth), Devi Ganga, Lord Ganesha, Lord Surya, Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Agni, Lord Brahma and all the nine planets.
- The priest performs the Homan in which he invokes Lord Agni using the holy woods and a paste made from Mustard Seeds, Ghee, Sesame seeds etc.
- After this, he performs the Purnahuti in which he offers Coconut filled with Ghee and other items to the Lord Agni.
- Then he performs a pooja for all the nine planets. Afterwards, other rituals follow.
- In the end the priests who have taken part in this pooja are offered food which is followed by Dakshina. It includes Clothes, fresh fruits and money.
What are the materials required for Maha Rudrabhishek?
The materials for Maha Rudrabhishek are: milk, Gangajal, fruit juice, Sugarcane juice, and coconut water. One also requires Panchamrit which is the mixture of cow milk, sugar, honey, curd and ghee. For offering, one requires Clothes, flowers, fruits, betel nut, coconut, and a wool asan.
While performing maha rudrabhishek pooja the Shiva Linga should face in the North direction. And the devotee should be facing towards the east in respect to the shiv linga. The devotee should sit in a particular asana while performing the Maha Rudra Abhishekam Puja preferably on the wool asan.
Where to perform Maha Rudrabhishek?
You can perform the Rudrabhishek Puja at Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik. You can come here to perform the Puja. Also, if you are unable to come here, we can perform the Puja on behalf of you. You have to provide us with the names and the Gotras of the people for whom you want to perform the Puja. We will also send you the bhog of the Puja t your address after the completion of the Puja through a post. We will also provide you with pictures of us commencing the Puja with your name.
Apart from this, one can perform Maha Rudrabhishek pooja in any of Lord Shiva Temple. Prominent temples where people perform Maha Rudrabhishek are Omkareshwar temple in Indore, Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain, Somnath temple in Gujarat (Know more about it), Nageshwar temple in Gujarat and Baidyanath, Kashi and are also popular choices.
One should consult an expert to decide the place and time for the puja.
What is the cost of performing Maha Rudrabhishek?
The cost of performing the pooja is Rs.1100.
But depending upon the type of pooja ie.12 Rudrabhisheka, Ekadasa Rudrabhishekam Pooja or Maha-Rudram Yagya, this pooja can cost between Rs. 12,000 to Rs. 18,000. It also depends upon the number of priests taking part and time spent by them.
If you have any questions about Maha Rudrabhishek, please leave your comment below and we will get back to you within one hour.