Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is a very important Shiv Pooja that was started by Shukracharya. This helps to save the devotees from any kind of threatening ailments or disease and to lengthen their lifespan. One can even perform this pooja at his home by following the right rituals.
This mantra has many forms as well as names. Also known as Rudra mantra, it has miraculous effects in the lives of the people who perform it. Chanting of this mantra helps to relieve the individual from the death and rebirth cycle. And hence this mantra is also known as the moksha mantra.
- Who should perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- What are the benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- When should I perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- How to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- What are the materials required for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- Where to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
- What is the cost of performing Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
Who should perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
People who face health issues should perform this pooja. One can also perform this pooja if he is facing legal issues or there is no way to come out of the critical situation. Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra also removes the sins from the devotee’s life and seeks blessings of Lord Shiva.
What are the benefits of Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
Here are some of the benefits of performing Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra:
- Devotees consider Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra as a very powerful pooja that helps to overcome all the issues and problems in one’s life.
- It also helps to remove all the evil and bad effects in the life of the individual.
- It helps to achieve professional success and helps to lead an ambitious life.
- One can also overcome chronic diseases and improves the health of the individual tremendously.
- It also helps to open the blocked energy points in the body and lead a very peaceful life.
- Also, one is able to overcome the bad effects of the Maraka planets in the birth horoscope.
- It will also help to create a protection shield for your family and bring harmony.
- Recitation of the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra removes all the sins from the family and awakens the healing powers within oneself.
When should I perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
One of the auspicious days to perform this pooja is during Maha Shivaratri. One can also perform the pooja during the month of Sawan. Additionally, one can also performed it during Amavasya and Makarsankranti. One should also consult a priest to find the perfect time to perform this pooja.
How to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
Here are some tips on how to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra:
- The best time to perform the Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra is during early morning. Reciting the mantra five times a mala.
- One should offer the flowers to the Shivling and perform the Abhishekam of the Lord with the help of milk and water.
- One should undertake the Sankalp and pour water into the pot in order to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva.
- Also, One should worship Lord Shiva with the help of fruits, incense, Bel leaves, water and lamp.
- The havan takes place after the Maha Mrityunjaya Jaap pooja is complete.
- The devotee will see the results very soon if one leaves non vegetarian food and chant the mantra.
What are the materials required for Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
The materials required for Maha Mrityunjaya mantra are:
Cow milk, Gangajal, sacred thread (Janeu), sugar, honey, ghee, curd, betel nuts, white cloth, datura, tulsi and bel leaves, sandalwood paste, bhang and rice. Other important items are – incense, flowers, lamps, roli, fruits and sweets etc. One also requires flowers like Swet pushp, Lal Vashtra, Kala til and Lal aasan.
One should use Rudrakch Mala for chanting Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra. Devotees participating in the pooja should wear new clothes and carry all the necessary items accordingly.
Where to perform Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
Devotees can perform this pooja at any Lord Shiva temple. Also, one can perform it in any of the 12 Jyotirlingas – 12 Shiva temples spread throughout India and also at Somnath temple in Gujarat, Trimbakeshwar in Nashik, temple in Ujjain, Omkareshwar temple in Indore and Nageshwar temple in Gujarat.
Out of the 12 Jyotirlingas, 5 jyotirlingas are located in Maharashtra.
What is the cost of performing Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra?
The cost of the pooja depends on the type of Yagna and number of mantras chanted. Also the pooja can range from 5 to 11 days or more. So accordingly it can cost you minimum Rs.15,000. And depending upon the number of mantras that are recited the cost can exceed.
The Havan can be Small if the mantra recitation takes place 25000 times. It is a medium havan if the mantra recitation takes place 50000 times and if the mantra recitatio nis 100000 then it is a large havan.