diwali on which, Goddess Laxmi visits one’s home. There are total 16 rituals for the proper completion of this pooja. It is very important for hindus that they should buy a pratima of Goddess Laxmi on the occasion of diwali.is totally dedicated to
According to beliefs, Goddess Laxmi visits the cleanest house at the prior. So on this day the broom is worshipped. This pooja falls on the day of Amavasya which is generally inauspicious, but for this day it is very auspicious. People light lamps in the evening to welcome the Goddess Laxmi. This pooja plays a very significance role in the auspicious occassion of diwali.
Who should perform Laxmi Puja?
Many people believe that worshipping Goddess Laxmi will bring good luck, prosperity and wealth. Hence devotees who want to seek the blessings and with grace of Goddess Lakshmi should perform this puja. People also perform this puja for the success of their new-age businesses and startups.
Different people from different regions perform Laxmi Puja around different times in the year. Laxmi Puja is a very important ritual of Diwali. It is a very important puja for devotees because it is the puja of Lakshmi panchyatan.
Also, Goddess Lakshmi visits only those who lead a disciplined life. This puja also ensures that their business is successful and remove all the issues of finances.
What are the benefits of doing Laxmi Puja?
Laxmi Puja removes all the problems or issues from the professional and personal life. It makes one financially stable and wealthy. The individual will never face any financial problem in his life. This puja will also remove the ill effects of the Grah Dosh.
One will surely get a huge benefit if the individual has invested somewhere. The devotee will also lead a smooth and harmonious family life without facing any issues. It will also improve the communication skill of the individual and gives good outcome for business.
When should I perform Laxmi Puja?
Laxmi Puja should take place during Pradosh Kaal. This period starts after sunset and lasts for approximately 2 hours and 24 minutes. Many people also believe that Laxmi Puja should take place during Mahanishita Kaal. The muhurat that is not advisable for the Laxmi Puja is the Choghadiya Muhurat.
One should perform the Laxmi Puja when Sthir Lagna prevails during the Pradosh Kaal.
How to perform Laxmi Puja?
Here’s how to perform Laxmi Puja:
- Place a red cloth without any black mark on the floor.
- Prepare a bed of rice and place the kalash in it. Fill 75% of the pot with water from the Ganges. Place some grains, flower, a betel nut, harvested rice and a clean coil inside the Kalash. Arrange the bunch of mango leaves on the top of the Kalash.
- Then, place a small plate or a thali on the top of the kalash. Draw the design of lotus with turmeric powder. Place a picture or an idol of Goddess Laxmi on it along with some coins.
- Also, place the idol of the Ganesha towards the right side of the kalash and sprinkle the holy water on the puja items in order to purify them.
- The rituals take place with the help of Kumkum, Haldi (turmeric powder) and flowers. There are many lamps and incense sticks and one chants the mantras to seek the blessings of the God and Goddess.
- Recite the mantras by holding some flowers and rice on the palms and sprinkle them on the idol of the Goddess. The cleaning ritual is takes place by placing the idol of Laxmi on a thali pouring water, milk, ghee, curd and honey.
- After this wipe the idol with a clean cloth and placed back on the Kalash. The offerings to the deity include coconut, fruits, betel leaves, betel nuts and sweets. Then, perform a silent aarti in the end.
What are the materials required for Laxmi Puja?
Materials required for Laxmi Puja on Diwali are:
Icons of Lord Ganesha, Goddess Saraswati, Lakshmi and Narayan, Silver and Gold coins, Five paan or mango leaves, Uncooked Rice, A coconut, Ten Suparis, Kumkum for applying tilak, Water in the lota, Panchamrita, Mithaai (Indian sweets), Dry fruits (almonds, cashews), Gulaal (holi color), Diyas, Agarbattis (incense sticks), Camphor, Red string.
Other requirements are:
Rose or other flower petals, New note-book, A piece of red cloth for putting the pooja items, Thaali, Rose water, Cotton seeds, Lotus Flower Seeds, Dry whole Turmeric, Coriander seeds, A Chawki, Some currency notes, Ghee for the diyas, Water etc.
What is the cost of performing Laxmi Puja?
The cost of Laxmi Puja ranges from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 6000 that includes all the materials for the puja.