Kumbh Mela 2019 Dates
The Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 dates are:
|14-15th January, 2019||Makar Sankranti (1st Shani Darshan)|
|21st January,2019||Paush Purnima|
|4th February,2019||Mauni Amavasya (2nd Shani Darshan/ Main Bath)|
|10th February,2019||Basant Panchami (3rd Shani Darshan)|
|19th February,2019||Maghi Purnima|
|4th March, 2019||Maha Shivratri|
2019 Kumbh Mela Location
In 2019, Kumbh Mela will be held at Allahabad (Prayag). The festival at Allahabad takes place at the confluence of River Ganga, Yamuna and the mythical River, Saraswati. Together, it is Triveni Sangam. People from all over the world come to take a holy dip in the Triveni Sangam. It is believed that a dip in the holy waters of the rivers helps one attain salvation.
Booking for 2019 Kumbh Mela
Myoksha provides packages for Kumbh Mela 2019 that is to be held at Allahabad. We have well-defined packages for our customers. We also customize our packages according to the requirements of our customers. We make our packages keeping in mind the comfort of our customers. Our main motive is to provide the senior citizens’ comfort during their visit to the Kumbh Mela. We are taking bookings for the Kumbh Mela that is to be held in 2019.
Allahabad Kumbh Mela Dates for 2019
Allahabad Kumbh Mela will start from 14th of January 2019 and continue till 4th of March 2019.
The dates of Allahabad Kumbh Mela 2019 are:
- 14th/15th January: Makar Sankranti.
- 21st January: Paush Purnima
- 4th February: Mauni Amavasya
- 10th February: Basant Panchami
- 19th February: Maghi Purnima
- 4th March: Maha Shivratri
Ardh Kumbh Mela 2019 Dates
The Ardh Kumbh Mela at Allahabad will start from January 15th, 2019 and end on March 4th, 2019.
The Ardh Kumbh Mela is an auspicious gathering. Devotees all around the world come together to celebrate the festival. The Ardh Kumbh Mela will be held at Triveni Sangam, Allahabad (Prayag). It is believed that a dip in the holy waters helps one attain salvation.
Kumbh Mela Package
Moksha is providing well-defined packages for Kumbh Mela 2019. Kumbh Mela 2019 will be held at Allahabad. We provide luxurious and comfortable tents for our customers. We have designed our packages keeping in mind the comfort of the senior citizens as our most prior importance. We will shortly update all our packages for 2019 Kumbh Mela.
Kumbh Mela Accommodation
We arrange comfortable and luxurious tents for our customers. We have various packages for accommodations for our customers. We aim in providing our customers with a comfortable accommodation. Our main priority is the comfort of senior citizens. We will shortly update our Kumbh Mela Accommodation details.
Kumbh Mela Tent Booking
We are taking pre-bookings of tents and accommodation for the Kumbh Mela that is to be held at Alla habad in 2019. We provide with comfortable and luxurious tents to our customers. We have packages are made in keeping with the comfort of our customers. We focus more on the senior citizens and their luxury is an asset to us. We will shortly update all details about our Kumbh Mela 2019 packages.
Kumbh Mela Tenders for 2019
The General Administration Department of Allahabad has invited tenders for the Kumbh Mela 2019 projectas Third Party Inspections. Experienced institutions and agencies including state or central government or public sector agencies can submit tenders. Companies with a minimum turnover of 25crores during the last three financial years are eligible to subit tenders as a bidder.
What is a Kumbh Mela?
‘Kumbh’ means ‘Pitcher or Pot’. The word ‘Mela’ means ‘Fair’. Together, ‘Kumbhmela’ means ‘The festivals of Pot’. Kumbh Mela is also called ‘Kumbha Mela’. It is a religious Hindu festival where millions of devotees from all around the world gather to bathe in the sacred river. It is the largest gathering of pilgrims on the Earth. Sadhus, Saints, Ascetics, and various other groups of people come together to celebrate the religious festival. It is believed that one who takes a dip in the waters of the holy rivers attains moksha. It drives away all their sins and they are blessed by the divine. Kumbh Mela 2019 will be held at Allahabad(Prayag) from 14th of January 2019 to 4th of March, 2019.
Kumbh Mela History
According to a legend, there was a time when the Gods and Goddess’ used to reside on earth. Due to a curse by Sage Durvasa, they started to lose their powers. This made the Demons or the Asuras cause a havoc in the world. It was then that Lord Bramha advised the Gods to have the ‘Kumbha of Amrita’ or ‘Pot of Immortality’ in order to regain their strength. They invited the Asuras to help them take the Amrita out of the ocean. However, the Asuras soon realized the Gods’ plan of not sharing the Amrit with them. This led to the Asuras chasing the Gods for 12 human years. During this waging war between the Demons and Gods over the Amrit, drops of the Amrit fell on four places. These four places were Haridwar, Nasik, Ujjain, and Allahabad (Prayag).
The Kumbh Mela festival is more than 2000 years old.
What are the places where Kumbh Mela is held?
Four Melas are recognized as Kumbh Mela. These are:
- Haridwar Kumbh Mela
- Allahabad (Prayag) Kumbh Mela
- Ujjain Kumbh Mela
- Nashik Kumbh Mela
These are considered to be the holiest places in India. The Mela is held at a rotational basis in these places. The sites at which the festival takes place are:
- Banks of River Ganges in Haridwar.
- The confluence of Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati(invisible- mythical) in Allahabad.
- The Shipra River in Ujjain.
- The banks off Godavari River in Nashik.
When is the Kumbh Mela held?
- The Maha Kumbh Mela is celebrated at Allahabad (Prayag) after every 144 years. i.e; after every 12 ‘Purna Kumbh Mela’. This is the most auspicious Mela.
- The Purna Kumbh Mela takes place after every 12years. Thes are held at Haridwar, Allahabad, Ujjain, and Nashik. The place of the Purna Kumbh Mela is chosen on the basis of planetary movements, and astrological considerations.
- The Ardh Kumbh Mela is held after every 6years. This is held at Haridwar and Allahabad.
- The Kumbh Mela is held after every 3years.
- The Maagh Mela is celebrated in Allahabad in the month of Maagh every year.
The venue of the Kumbh Mela is decided on the basis of the position of Sun, Moon, and Jupiter of different zodiac signs in that period. The Kumbh Mela at the places are held when:
- Kumbh Mela at Haridwar: The Kumbh Mela is held at this place when the planet Sun is in Aries, Jupiter is in Leo. It is also held when all the three planets are in Libra in the month of Vaishakh. The month of Vaishakh usually falls on English months, April and May.
- Kumbh Mela at Allahabad: The Kumbh Mela is held at Allahabad when the planets Moon and Sun are in Capricorn, and Jupiter is in Aquarius. This needs to be in the month of Magha. The Hindu month of Magha usually falls in the English months March and April.
- Kumbh Mela at Ujjain: The Kumbh Mela at Ujjain is held when Sun is in Aries and Jupiter is in Leo. It is also held if, during the month of Vaishak, all these planets are in Libra. The Hindu month Vaishak usually falls in the English months April and May.
- Kumbh Mela in Nashik: The Kumbh Mela is held at Nashik when during the month of Bhadrapada, the planets are in Leo. The Hindu month Bhadrapada usually falls in the English months August and September.
When are the next Kumbh Mela Dates?
|Ardh Kumbh Mela||Allahabad (Prayag)||2019 (14th January- 4th March)|
|Maha Kumbh Mela||Allahabad (Prayag)||2025|
Kumbh Mela 2019 in Hindi
‘कुंभ’ का अर्थ है ‘पिचर या पॉट’। ‘मेला’ शब्द का मतलब ‘मेला’ है। साथ में, ‘कुंभमेला’ का अर्थ है ‘पॉट के त्यौहार’। कुंभ मेला को ‘कुंभ मेला’ भी कहा जाता है। यह एक धार्मिक हिंदू त्यौहार है जहां दुनिया भर के लाखों भक्त पवित्र नदी में स्नान करने के लिए इकट्ठे होते हैं। यह पृथ्वी पर तीर्थयात्रियों की सबसे बड़ी सभा है।
चार मेला कुंभ मेला के रूप में पहचाने जाते हैं। य़े हैं:
- हरिद्वार कुंभ मेला
- इलाहाबाद (प्रयाग) कुंभ मेला
- उज्जैन कुंभ मेला
- नासिक कुंभ मेला