Kaal Sarp Dosh
When the stars and other planets get trapped in a very dangerous circle or when all the planets come between Ketu and Rahu then it is considered as a kaal sarp dosh in one’s life. The planet becomes the nodal influence of Ketu and Rahu and is treated as very harmful Sarpa Dosha. Depending on the planetary positions, the effects of this kaal sarp dosh can vary from person to person. Rahu is depicted as the mouth of the snake and Ketu is considered as its body. Kaal sarp dosh always keeps the person away from success and prosperity.
Kaal sarp dosh puja is a very important and beneficial pooja that will help to avoid difficult situations. It can help to eliminate the intensity of kaal sarp dosh and provides great relief to the individual. People with this yog face very difficult times and often lead a life that is filled with hardships. It can be considered as a very difficult yog that affects a person for a very long time or throughout his life. It have a very negative influence on the lives of the people. According to the position of Rahu and Ketu, there are 12 types of Kaal Sarp dosh. It is also categorized in two different types such as Dakshini Goalaardh Kaal Sarp Yog and Uttari Goalaardh Kaal Sarp Dosh.
Who should perform Kaal Sarp Dosh?
- Person have Kaal Sarp Dosh in his Kundli is supposed to perform this pooja. If a person wants to know about the Kaal Sarp Dosh in Horoscope then one can analyze his horoscope from the Astroshastra expert. He will go through different aspects of the person’s life and the effect of Kaal Sarp yog in the person’s life. The expert will suggest some remedies to the person because sometimes the Kaal Sarp Yog does not affect every aspect of the life depending upon the position of the planets.
- Depending upon the remedies suggested by the expert one can perform Pooja, wear Rudraksha and Yantra as per the horoscope. A person is affected by partial Kaal Sarp Yog if Mars and Saturn are on the opposite side of Rahu and Ketu. If a very young child has Kaal Sarp Dosh then his parents can perform this pooja for him.
Benefits of doing Kaal Sarp Dosh
- A person will get blessed by 9 different species of the snake if one performs Kaal Sarp Shanti. When the Rahu Ketu Pooja is performed along with the Kaal Sarp Dosh pooja than it gives immense peace and open doors of success and peace. One also gets blessed with Goddess Laxmi by worshipping the gold idol of snake. The mind starts believing in the positive way and disappears any fear from the mind.
- Also the ill effects of the planets are reduced to the minimum. It also leads to a successful professional life and the person gets respect in the society. Any obstacles and hindrances are removed from one’s life and gives immense happiness. Family relation grow strong and good that protects a person from any evil powers.
When should I perform Kaal Sarp Dosh?
The most auspicious day to perform this pooja is during Amavasya day. It can also be performed during the Lunar and Solar Eclipse times. Naga Panchami, Sunday and Tuesday are also preferable days to perform this pooja. It is also advised to perform the pooja twice in a year to get good results. Kaal Sarp Dosh pooja can also be performed during Uttarayanam period that falls from 15th Jan to 15th July. It can also be performed during the Dakshinayanam period that falls from 15th July to 15th Jan.
How to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh?
- Kaal Sarp Dosh Pooja is performed on a single day and it includes punayahavachan, Ganpati poojan, naandi shradha, matruka poojan, rudharakalash poojan, navgragha poojan and finally the purnahuti and balipradan. It takes 6 hours to complete this vidhi or pooja.
- It is very important to offer food to the needy or poor who are in need. One should never perform this pooja in oiled hair and pregnant woman should not take part in this pooja. People who are participating in the pooja should take head bath before this pooja. One can also perform Rudrabhishekam after the completion of this pooja that makes the pooja process as complete.
Materials required for Kaal Sarp Dosh
- One can get three small sized snake image that is made up of lead, copper and silver. It is advised to wear new clothes for the kaal sarp dosh pooja. One can decorate the pooja altar with vermilion, flowers, sandal paste and turmeric paste. Place the pooja thali on the pedestal and the three metal snakes on the thali.
- Make a cone shaped Ganpati image from the paste of turmeric and place it in mango or betel leaf. Give bath to the Snake images with milk, water, honey and other fragrant substances. Make the diyas out of the sweet flour with ghee and cotton wick. One can also offer coconut, fruits, sprouts and betel leaves to the snake.
Where to perform Kaal Sarp Dosh?
- Kaal srp dosh pooja can be performed at Trimbakeshwar temple that is located at the Nashik District of Maharashtra. It is 28 Kms away from Nashik and the temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas and the source of the Godavari river.
- Kaal Sarp Yog pooja can also be performed at the Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain. It is one of the Jyotirlingas that is swayambu and the Kunda of this temple is considered to be very celestial that fulfills the wishes of all the devotees.
- One can also perform the Kaal Sarp Dosh at the Omkareshwar temple that is situated near Indore. This bank is present on the opposite bank of the Narmada river. This temple is considered as a sacred island of Lord Shiva where number of devotees visit to fulfill all their desires and wishes.
Cost of performing Kaal Sarp Dosh
The cost of performing kaal sarp dosh pooja may differ from temple to temple. The cost might range from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 5000.