The Karnataka. Moreover, it is the first of the four Ammaya Peetham established by Sri Adi Shankaracharya in 8th century AD. Here’s the Sringeri Temple route:or Sringeri is located on the banks of River Tunga in the Chikkamagalur district of
- Air – The Mangalore airport is the nearest airport to Sringeri Temple.
- Train – Shimoga as well as Kadur are the railway stations nearest to the temple.
- Road – The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) buses are available from all major towns and cities in Karnataka like Bengaluru, Mangalore, Udupi, Mysore, Shimoga, as well as Dharmasthala.
Sringeri Temple route from Bangalore
Bangalore is the capital of the State of Karnataka and is also the nearest metroplitan city to the temple. It is present 320 kilometres away from Sringeri. One can travel between these places using airways, railways as well as roadways. Here’s how to reach Sringeri temple from Bangalore:
- Air – One can fly from Bangalore International Airport to the Bajpe International Airport at Mangalore. There are regular buses available from Mangalore to Sringeri temple.
- Train – One can easily take a train from Bangalore to Mangalore or Shimoga.
- Road – The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) operates regular buses from Bangalore Bus Station.