The Somnath Temple route takes us to Prabhas Pattan near Veraval port in Saurashtra, Gujarat. It is “Shrine eternal” because it was destroyed six times in history but still every time, was rebuilt in glory.
Here is the general Somnath Temple route:
- Air: The nearest airport is Diu, which is 85 km away from the temple.
- Train: The nearest railway station is Somnath (0.5 km). Regular train service is available from all major cities in Gujarat.
- Road: Somnath also connects well to major cities in Gujarat like Ahmedabad, Junagadh, Dwarka as well as Chorwad by state roadways.
Somnath Temple route from Ahmedabad
Somnath temple lies at a distance of 411 kilometres from the heart of Ahmedabad, which is one of the major cities in the state of Gujarat. Here’s how to reach Somnath Temple from Ahmedabad:
- Air: Flights are available that connect Ahmedabad airport to Diu Airport which is 85 km away from the temple.
- Train: Many trains such as the Superfast express as well as the Mail express run between Somnath railway station and Ahmedabad railway station.
- Road: The fastest route to travel using roadways is via NH27 and NH47. It takes about 7 hours for one to travel between Ahmedabad and somnath temple using road.