Puri Jagannath Temple is one of the most famous and revered temples in Hindu culture. It is located at Puri in Odisha. It is part of the sacred Char Dham Yatra that a Hindu must make during his lifetime. The temple is one of the most sacred Vaishnavite Pilgrimage sites. Here’s the Puri Jagannath Temple route:
- Air: The nearest airport is Bhubaneshwar which is 53 km away.
- Train: Puri connects well with other cities by rail. Direct trains are operated from major cities like Kolkata, Delhi as well as Mumbai.
- Road: The State buses are available in plenty from stations like Bhubaneshvwar, Vizag, Konark as well as Chilka.
Puri Jagannath Temple route from Bhubaneshwar
Here’s the Puri Jagannath Temple route from the city of Bhubaneshwar.:
- Air: Bhubaneshwar Airport is the nearest airport. From here, one can hire taxis or cabs to travel to Puri Jagannath Temple.
- Train: Trains such as the Superfast express and the mail express travel between Puri and Bhubaneshwar at regular intervals. It takes about 1 to 1.5 hours to travel between the two places through train.
- Road: Bhubaneshwar lies at a distance of 69.4 kilometres from Puri Jagannath Temple. Also, the fastest route to reach the temple by road is via NH316. One can also take the Bhubaneshwar Puri road, but one would need to cover more distance.