Omkareshwar Madhya Pradesh around 77 km away from Indore. Also, the name Omkareshwar comes from the word “OM” which is pious in Hinduism. Here is the Omkareshwar Temple route:is present in the state of
- Air: The nearest airport is Indore which is 77 km away. Regular flights are available from major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bhopal as well as Gwalior.
- Train: The nearest Railway station is Mortakka which is 12 km away from Omkareshwar. Regular trains are available from places like Khandwa, Ajmer, as well as Ratlam. The nearest Railway Junction is Khandwa which is 72 km away. Trains from all major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai and Jaipur are available.
- Road: Regular bus services are available from cities like Indore, Ujjain, Jalgaon, Khandwa as well as Bhopal. A special bus service is also there between Shri Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain to Shri Omkareshwar Temple. The Madhya Pradesh Tourism Department operates this service.
Omkareshwar Temple route from Indore
Here is the Omkareshwar Temple route from Indore:
- Air: Indore Airport is the one nearest to Omkareshwar Temple. One can hire a cab or take a bus from the airport to the temple.
- Train: Passenger trains are also available from Indore railway station to Mortakka. It takes about 3-4 hours to travel between these railway stations. From here, one can hire taxis or take buses to the temple.
- Road: The fastest route to travel between Indore and Omkareshwar Temple is via the Khandwa-Indore road. Also, it takes about 2-3 hours of travelling through this route.