Mahakaleshwar Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. Images of various god and Goddesses, Apsaras and Kichakas adorn the walls and pillars of the temple. Also, the Lingam of the Mahakaleshwar temple is the largest in size among all other Jyotirlingas. Here’s the Mahakaleshwar Temple route:
- Air: The nearest airport is Indore, 53 km away from Ujjain.
- Train: Direct trains are available to Ujjain from major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Benaras, Kochi as well as Jaipur.
- Road: Bus services are available from cities like Indore, Surat, Mumbai, Pune, Udaipur, Nasik as well as Mathura.
Mahakaleshwar Temple route from Indore
Indore lies about 56 kilometres away from Mahakaleshwar Temple. Plenty of options are available for one to travel to the temple from here. Here’s the Mahakaleshwar Temple route from Indore:
- Air: The nearest railway station is in Indore and one can hire cabs or take a bus to Mahakaleshwar Temple from there.
- Train: One can travel through trains such as the Ranthambhor SF express as well as the Malwa SF express to travel between Ujjain and Indore.
- Road: The fastest route to travel from Indore to Mahakaleshwar temple is via the Ujjain-Indore road. Also, it takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes to travel using this route.