The Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple is on the banks of River Bhadra in Hornadu, in the Western Ghats of Karnataka. Also, the word Annapoorna is a conjunction of two words- Anna meaning food or grains and Purna meaning complete and perfect. Here the Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple route:
- Air – The nearest airport is the Mangalore Domestic Airport. Regular flights are available from cities like Bengaluru as well as Chennai.
- Train – Shimoga is the nearest railway station which is at a distance of 127 km.
- Road – One can reach the hill town of Horanadu by buses from cities like Bengaluru, Mysore, Shimoga, as well as Mangalore.
Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple route from Bangalore
Here’s how to reach Horanadu from Bangalore:
- Air – Fly from Bangalore to Mangalore. One can reach Sringeri by Road from Mangalore. It is around 120 km away from the temple. Also it takes 2:30 hours of travel to reach the temple from here.
- Train – Mangalore and Shimoga are the nearest Railway stations.
- Road – Regular buses are available from Bangalore. It takes around 7:30 hours.
Horanadu Annapoorneshwari Temple route from Sringeri
The only way to travel from Sringeri to Horanadu is by Road. There are buses as well as private taxis available. Also, the distance between the two places is around 45 kms and takes 1:15 hours to travel between them.