Sri Manjunathaswamy Temple is present on the banks of the River Nethravathi in the town of Dharmasthala in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The deities worshiped here are Sri Manjunatha (Lord Shiva) and Ammavaru (Goddess Parvati) along with Jain Tirthankara Chandraprabha as well as Jain protection Gods. Here’s the Dharmasthala Temple route:
- Air – Nearest Airport is Mangalore International Airport which is about 65 km from Dharmasthala Temple.
- Train – Mangalore railway station at a distance of 74 km which makes it the nearest railway station to Dharmasthala. Devotees can hire taxis from there.
- Road – KSRTC buses also operate buses from all over the state to Dharmasthala.
Dharmasthala Temple route from Bangalore
Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka, lies at a distance of 298 kilometres from Dharmasthala. Here’s how to reach Dharmasthala temple from Bangalore:
- Air – One can take a flight from Bangalore International Airport to Mangalore. Mangalore International Airport is about 75 km from Dharmasthala Temple, which makes it the nearest airport.
- Train – One can also take a train from Bangalore to Mangalore. Mangalore railway station at a distance of 75 km from Dharmasthala temple is the nearest railway station.
- Road – The Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) buses also operate regularly from Bangalore to Dharmasthala. Hence, this is one option for those who wish to travel by road.