Yes, you can take your car in the Char Dham Yatra. However, it is not recommended to do so. Many narrow roads connect the Char Dhams. Therefore, it is safer to hire one experienced travel company. They would provide you experienced drivers who have driven in these roads before.
The Char Dhams are the Dhams of Yamunotri Temple, Gangotri Temple, Kedarnath Temple, and Badrinath Temple. These Dhams could be visited by trekking and driving. One has to drive through extremely narrow hilly areas. Therefore, one who is not experienced with driving through hilly areas should not take their car.
Here is the driving route of Char Dham Yatra:
- Delhi to Haridwar: The distance is 210kms and time taken to cover the distance is 6hrs.
- Haridwar to Barkot: The distance is 220kms and time taken to cover it is 7hrs.
- Barkot to Yamunotri: The distance is 36km driving and 6kms trekking.
- Barkot to Uttarkashi. The distance is 110kms and time taken to cover it is 4.5hrs.
- Uttarkashi to Rudraprayag: The distance is 175kms and time taken is 6hrs.
- Rudraprayag to Kedarnath: The distance is 75kms drive and 25kms trek.
- Rudraprayag to Badrinath: The distance is 160kms and time taken to cover the distance is 8hrs.
- Rishikesh to Delhi: The distance is 230kms and the time taken is 6hrs.
Myoksha Travels provides well-experienced drivers ensuring the safety of its customers in the risky roads.