The Bhoomi Pooja is performed on the construction site where the building is to be constructed or to yield good agricultural yield. It is very necessary to worship the land before starting the construction. The Bhoomi Pooja is to be done towards the north east -corner of the plot. It is very necessary that the one should built the compound wall before the house is constructed. The southwest part of the wall should be higher as compared to the other walls of the house. The walls on the east and north sides should be 21 inches shorter than the south and west sides. This pooja is performed for Vastu Purush, Goddess Bhoomi, pancha boothas which are the five elements of nature and the deity of directions that will remove all the bad effects and Vaastu doshas in the land. After choosing the land for the construction, plants should be grown on the land. One can also keep a calf or cow in order to make the land more auspicious. One can also consult an experienced priest to perform the Bhoomi Pooja which will bring lots of happiness in the life of the individual.
Who should perform Bhoomi Pooja?
- Bhoomi Pooja is performed when you start to build your apartment or on a land where the house is to be constructed. This pooja is also performed when one is going to start an agricultural tasks on the land. This pooja is performed for the prosperous outcome.
- It is also a very important pooja for the correction of the Vaastu. This pooja is also performed to seek the blessings of Vastu Purusha. This pooja is also performed to kill any kind of negative energies or ill effects at the Construction area where the house is to be constructed.
Benefits of doing Bhoomi Pooja
- It is very important that when you build a building or use a land for the cultivation purpose then one must seek the blessings of mother earth and offer the prayers. Hence Bhoomi Pooja is performed to get rid of all the evils and reduce all the negativities from the land. It also helps for a smooth completion of work without any hurdles.
- It also provides with well being and happiness of the people who are going to live in that property. If one is going to use the land for the agricultural purpose then it will help to yield more crops with a huge production. Bhoomi Pooja will make Vaastu purush happy and grant his blessings to the worshipper.
- Performing this pooja will also purify the construction site from any kind of negative energy and protect the home from any kind of troubles. This pooja will remove all the ill effects and purify all the corners of the house.
When should I perform Bhoomi Pooja?
- The most ideal time for performing the bhoomi pooja is in the month of shravan, margshirsh, paush, and kartik. At the time of performing the bhoomi pooja the date is fixed according to the Vaastu time which comes many a times twice in a month. The suitable week days for this pooja are Monday and Thursday.
- These days are considered to be very auspicious for this pooja. Divaskarma, hadpaksha and shraadh paksh is very useful to avoid. Except the ninth, fourteenth and fourth tithi other all the tithi are considered to be auspicious. At the very first day of construction work one should count the number of lunar constellation.
- If the number is between 1 to 7 or 19 to 28 than at that time the day for performing the pooja is considered to be inauspicious. If the resulting number is from 8 to 18 than that particular day is considered to be very much auspicious.
How to perform Bhoomi Pooja?
- At the time of performing the pooja the very first step is to keep the site cleared. All the dirt should be cleaned.The stones, trash, holes in the ground should be cleaned. The worshipper should be east facing at the time of performing this pooja. The beginning of this pooja starts with the ganesh pooja. In a cleaned platform one should place those deities that one worships.
- At the womb of the earth the kalash is kept covered with a red cloth and a coconut is placed on it. This pooja is considered incomplete without the havan. The different main rituals performed includes Devi poojan,taking a Sankalpa followed by shatkarma, pran pratishtha and manglik dravya sthapana.
Materials required for Bhoomi Pooja
The materials that are required for this pooja are Kumkum (red sindoor) 100 grams, turmeric powder 100 grams, camphor /karpuram 1 packet, sandal powder 1 box, incense (agarbatti) sticks 1 packet, fruits – 5 types 2 each, beetle nuts 100 grams, beetle leafs 30, flowers 3 bunches, coconuts 5, rice 4 lb, dry dates 1 packet, Navaratnas (9 types of gems) 1 set, Lemon (green limes) 5, Pancha Lohas (5 metals) 1 set, Nava Dhanyam (9 types of seeds) 2 packets, Coins – Quarters 40, White Cloth 1/2 meter, Milk 1 gallon, Water 2 gallons, matchbox 1, lamp,cotton wicks,oil 10, panchapatra,udharini, plate 1, kalas (kalasam) 1, Bricks 5, bell 1, bedsheet 1, plates – plastic 4, God picture 1, foam cups 5 etc.
Cost of performing Bhoomi Pooja
Bhoomi Pooja is very important before starting a new work at any site. By performing this pooja, one can seek the blessings of vaastu purush. It is very necessary to have an experienced priest to perform this pooja that will bring well being for the family. It will provide safety for all the family members who are going to acquire the land. This pooja might cost you from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 5500.